'06 NFL Draft Interview: Matt Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

OH give me a break, if it looks like a duck it is a duck. And his analysis of Leinart I mostly agree with. But he is obviously struggling for reasons that Leinart is a better prospect than Cutler, which is why he resorts to Cutlers size being an issue. Cutler is listed at 6 4 225, Leinart is listed at 6 5 225. If he thinks size is an issue for Cutler and not Leinart then Im sorry but he is a straight up homer who is just making stuff up to sell his guy over the other guys.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unless he is writing a book on Leinart, what possible motive does he have to be a homer? Just because he isn't critical?

Granted, he may not know Cutler well enough to judge him and his exposure to Young may be limited to the Rose Bowl but he appears to be to be a solid judge of Leinart's abilities. He's known and followed the guy his entire career at USC.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I said I mostly agree with his analysis on Leinart, did I not? My issue is his analysis and comparison to Cutler. He seems to just be trying to sell his guy and using stuff like Cutlers size being an issue to do it. Do you think Cutlers size is an issue? Does the one inch that Leinart has on Cutler make him a better prospect? And I dont agree with the idea that Cutler not winning more games as an issue either, because anyone who knows anything about Vandy football realizes they arent a bastion of talent, and there is only so much one player can do. Honestly, he seems to have a hard time finding reasons why Leinart is a better prospect than Cutler, so he resorts to these things that arent really issues in my opinion.

And I dont know his reasons, he might just like and respect Leinart, and thats fine, I agree with most of what he says about leinart, I just dont think he knows much of anything about Cutler, yet still convincingly gives Leinart the nod as the better prospect.

4. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

His tone did speak to him being exposed to Leinhart much more than the other two QB's... Statements like "in a heartbeat", when apparently his only exposure to the other two QB's seem to have been formulated without much knowledge.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I thought it was a pretty fair article. Didn't sugar coat Leinart's "flaws" like it could have been and did a nice job of articulating his strengths.

(Young>Cutler>Leinart IMO)

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont necessarily think the article is unfair, and the biggest concern I have with Leinart, this guy brings up, which is arm strength. Now that will be answered hopefully on his pro day whether or not he has a strong enough arm to make all the throws in the NFL. I just think the guy is a little ahead of himself declaring Leinart as the top qb prospect in such a convincing manner, when he doesnt seem to know a whole lot about Cutler. I agree with him about Young though, I do think Leinart is the better pick than Young.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I'll be interested to see if everyone is throwing around the homer arguments when the Cutler interview goes up.

What I found most interesting about the article is how is has game on the court. If we draft him, I cant wait to see him go up against Drew at Keith's charity basketball game in 2007 :brow:

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Get off the homer thing. I called him a homer because he is from So. Cal and obviously knows more about Leinart than Cutler. I think these articles are interesting but Im sorry I didnt realize I had to agree with everything all the guest interviews say. Ill take note from now on.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

When it is all said and done how Leinart throws the deep outs compared to Cutler and Young will be a big factor. Leinart doesn't have to be as strong as Cutler but he does need to be strong enough. Leinart should be the top QB prospect simply because of what he has accomplished. That doesn't mean after he gets put under a microscope he remains in that postion.
    Thats why IMO it would be great if Leinart could be strong enough because with his other attributes he would be a great pick for us.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

That wasnt directed purely at you. People were saying the same thing about the Young interview. People need to remember thats kinda the point of these interviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar