#1 Wr???????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANZFN09, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

What is a "#1 wr"?.......someone who gets you 1200-1300yds & 14-15tds a season..or is it someone who consistently makes that clutch catch for 10yds when its 3rd and 8 on the go-ahead drive........would you rather have that one "#1wr" on the team ......or............ would you rather have 3-4 wr's/te's that would give you between 600-850yds,6-7tds apiece.......my personal opinion I would rather spread the ball around..what i am trying to
    say is instead of wanting a "#1" 2,3,& ....how about 3 or 4 "#2's"

Besides......how many TRUE "#1" wr's are there out there?

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Very few true #1 WRs in the NFL. They are guys who change the game. How they do it varies, but the position requires being able to convert 3rd down AND stretch the field. Being better at one can compensate for less ability at the other. But you have to do both. Sometimes teams' perceived need to have a #1 lead them to overpay for guys who dont fit the bill.

I dont think it is important. You need guys who can change games at whatever position, and aside from QB, it doesnt much matter where they play. In fact, I'll take a guy who changes the game 60 plays a game at DL than a WR who touches the ball 6 times a game and only indirectly affects the defense otherwise.

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

there's 3 #1 receivers in our division

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A #1 WR is of course the teams best WR. What qualifies though is that you must have talent. Really the only true #1 WR the Titans have ever had was Derrick Mason. Bennett was good but too inconsistant.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Prolli 15-20 true #1 reciever in the league

#1 recievers make teh clutch catches, they dont always have 110 yd, 2 td games, but by the end of the season, they have the stats to prove theyre good

6. kingkarolina

kingkarolina Guest

#1 WR makes playes, bottom line. Whether its a long bomb, or a tough first down. Their your go to guy.

7. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

1. Marvin Harrison and/or Reggie Wayne
    2. Andre Johnson
    3.??????????

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

Not if you dont count wayne

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why wouldnt you count wayne? he would be a number one on about 29 other teams in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar