10-0 and not a complete game yet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I do think that the second half was our most complete half so far. We did exactly what we needed to do.

2. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

If the long passes work is because the defense is commited to stop the run and that opens up lanes. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

2 observations about why the 2nd half was so much better:

1) Collins was not in a groove at all until we came out with some short easy passes right out of the half. I know they wanted to hit the deep ball early, but it looks like we need to work up to that with a couple dump offs to get everyone in sync. I'd like to see a 1st offensive drive make heavier use of Scaife/Crump to warm Collins up.

2) For maybe the 3rd or 4th week in a row, we seem to be still waking up from a nap until the half. I wonder if Fisher's even-keel demeanor maybe has the guys a little too business-like at kickoff? Both lines have been kind of manhandled early, only to step up the intensity in the 3rd Q. Maybe KVB's presence is missed a lot on D, too. He sets the tempo. Can't find a reason on O.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Since I've been away, I'll just add I'm very amazed, impressed, and stoked at our 10-0 record.

Important thing is, we have to continue to be hot in january, when it counts. Wrap up homefield in the next 6 games is all that really matters.

I see no reason we CAN'T be superbowl champions this year. There really isn't an "air-it-out" offense out there that scares me this year, as far as us getting too far behind in a game. The passing game is solid, KFC has proved something the last two weeks. CJ/LW is one of the better rushing combos in the league. And enough can't be said about this amazing defense.

One trippy scenario:

Kurt Warner (cardinals) vs. Titans in Superbowl 43. Besides the obvious reference with Warner/Titans superbowl, consider Vince Young and Leinart hoped to have a rivalry similar to Jordon and Larry Bird. Both teams would be there, but neither QB a starter.

Giants (Tom Coughlin, former Jags coach) vs. Titans. That would be interesting in a Coughlin vs. Fisher match, and the best two teams in the league this year.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I've been saying it for a few weeks now, the run defense is bothering me in the 1st half of these games. Tennessee is probably one of the best teams as far as adjusting at half time but we let teams gash us early. If we can just buckle down from the start till the 4th quarter it would make things that much easier for us. We're 10-0 so things are lookin good but i can see how the titans keep saying they still have room for improvement,it shows

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I sure do love a great deep ball play, but it looked like the Colonel wasn't hitting on all 11 herbs and spices during the first half aside from the Gage play.

However, he still managed the game well... and I don't know why some commentators keep saying that like it's a bad thing.

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Camp Fodder

if the titans have bad or flat halfs that bodes well for the jets who typically have explosive halves and barring last week shut the door...i don't expect to blow out or slam the door on tennessee by any means....but i think the jets do win this game...of course its because i'm a jets fan but i can actually say this for once and believe it...

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If Gayton Pman was not such a stat whore no team would have even gotten out of the teens against Tennessee. Gayton snuck in a meaningless TD inside 2:00 to make it a 10 point game. Titan D will not allow BR-E-T-S more than 3 scores. Game will come down to Titan O execution, and no I am not ready to do it just yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar