10 scenarios that would put the Titans in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

1. I guess?

2. CJ will never come close to 2000 yards again in his career, even if he does we'll probs miss the playoffs

3. Mariani will be at best a decent receiver this year, I think Britt blowing up is far more likely

4. Arian Foster sucks, he was a flash in the pan, he will be mediocre this year, but even if he doesn't the Texans are the epitome of mediocrity and aren't going to be the breaking point of us making the playoffs.

5. Peyton Manning missing a game? Is that even possible at this point? If he gets breathed on its a flag.

6. Isn't this true for all teams....?

7. Yeah.

8. Yeah.

9. Eh Babin is a detriment to the team more than a help, and while I love Tulloch and want him to return, ultimately I don't think is presence is going to affect our chances at the playoffs.

10. Yeah, and with Chuck Cecil gone it should happen....Finnegan needs to be chippy though.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's all about the defense. When we have a good defense we usually make the playoffs. Tulloch will almost certainly be back but Babin doesn't fit the new scheme well. Grey is an improvement over Cecil.

Our O-line had a terrible year so i assume they will be better this year but not like in 08 or 09.

An improved defense with an improved running game makes us competitive but we have no clue who our starting QB will be.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Bleacher Report :irked:

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Bleacher Report is SUCH a joke. Why didn't they add "Zombie Apocalypse" to the choices...?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This Chad Minton character who wrote the piece sure is putting a lot of faith in Marc Mariani. As for him thinking C.J. hits 2k again, I'll just say - "I wish", and leave it at that. I truly believe Fisher used and abused C.J. in the wrong way, and that any nincompoop with half a brain knows; you don't run a 195lb man into 260lb men and expect production. So we shall see.

Now onto the part about the Texans run game. Foster is NOT going to repeat his 2010 campaign, no freaking way. However, with Tate back, I'll expect the Texans to be better than expected, but STILL miss the playoffs just because they suck at life.

Babin and Tulloch are both leaving FYI.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bleacher Report cracks me up. IF we are to make the playoffs it will be because we kick @$$! Not because Foster regresses and not because Peyton gets injured. It will be on our own merit.

I don't see Babin OR Tulloch coming back either. Gray wants bigger bodies and neither of these guys fit that. Not to mention they're gonna want to get paid.

I personally want Locker to be starter from day 1, if not then we should bring in McNabb. CJ is gonna meet his goal and take us to the playoffs. As for him doing 2K again, if anybody can, it's CJ.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So who is the bigger body that will take Tulloch's place in the middle? There is none.

So what? Are we overwhelmed with too many highly paid super stars? Amano and Brown got $5M a year deals last year why not give Tulloch the same? Makes sense to do that.

9. JCBRAVE

What you just said sounds nice, but a playoff birth is a playoff birth. I don't mind backing into the playoffs so long as we win something. The Jets made a name for themselves 2 years in a row by the Patriots slipping. I think the idea the writer was pushing was not to expect the Texans to make a strong push for a winning season because everyone now knows about what Foster could potentially do. And because of that, we don't have to worry about them taking a seed in the playoffs that could possibly become ours.

I agree, C.J. could hit 2k again, but we'll HAVE to have something of a passing game, otherwise he's seeing 9-man fronts all year. The screen game could solve many of our problems.

10. JCBRAVE

Oh I do believe Witherspoon is a good bit bigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar