10 scenarios that would put the Titans in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I know, weird, it's not like we're in a lockout or anything. This board should be blowing up with free agent news and whatnot:suspect:

2. FlightRisk

FlightRisk Camp Fodder

Sorry to bother folks with my note. Things are kind of slow but maybe they will pick up when something actually happens? Since I was an infrequent visitor here and TC, I'm afraid I didn't realize there was so much bad blood between the boards.

Are there any others besides this one and the McKormick pay-per-view?

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

one scenario is all it takes for the titans to get into the playoffs, the only logical choice, is if the season is shortened to 10 games, the titans go on a 10 game winning streak (10-0) and make the playoffs with a first round bye ... and then lose 14-27 to the Jets in the Divisional Round

Nate Washington fumbles the go-ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left inside the Jets red-zone and then the Jets put us away with a prolonged touchdown drive, after Chris Hope slips on a in-pattern route to Braylon Edwards as he prances toward the end zone for the dagger ...

(While Jeff Fisher, cant help but smirk from his living room couch, while watching on t.v. while wearing his Peyton Manning jersey and Oakleys)

4. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

o The running game returns to form via the OL stepping up and rookie RB Jamie Harper providing solid interior and power running to add balance to the running game and complement CJ28

o Jerry Gray shores up the defense

o Kenny Britt stays in shape and returns from his suspension focused and making plays (or isn't suspended at all fingers crossed)

o Jared Cook emerges as a legitmate threat and key cog in the passing game

o Damian Williams and Mariani step up and team w/ Nate Washington to produce a competent WR corps

o Chris Palmer and Jake Locker hit the ground running and Locker produces a solid rookie season (Bradford/Flacco-esque) or the FA Vet QB has a solid season

o The solid QB play is aided by a solid running game and solid defense

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Williams and Cushing wouldn't make a difference, but everyone else would have to go down for us to make it IMO. We're pretty freakin' bad... so are the Jags and Texans, but they're still better than us, sadly enough.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A few things are required...

No major injuries or suspensions (eye on Britt).

Need to reverse our course and become one of the fewest penalized teams.

Top 10 D.

The OL can run block consistently.

We're near the leaders in controlling the clock.

We're at least top 10 in converting TD's in the red zone.

We were the #1 seed a few years back with a conservative and cautious performance by KC at QB. If our D and running game are up to the task, we can get enough out of Locker to get their. But we need to be lucky (no major injuries/suspensions), smart (fewest penalties), efficient (convert red zone), and control the clock (with a dominant CJ running game). We will not ONLY need the OL to step up, we need most of the team to step up and match the few guys who already are kicking tail. We will need big years from guys like Britt, Cook, Morgan, JJ, and quite possibly Ayers.

Gut

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

So, we're not automatically garbage?

Honestly, I didn't think much of Manning's play last year, or the Colts as a whole for that matter. Yeah, he was still good, but not as good as years past. Plus, even some of our crappy defenses have given Manning fits at times, even when he was on top of his game. I love it when we play the Colts. Yeah, we're usually expected to lose, but when we don't, it makes that frustrated look on Manning's face that much better.

Had we even been a decent team last season, this division would have been ours.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

A big part is discipline. If i have to watch one more good drive ended by a false start by Eugene Amano, i may just lose it. Literally i may F-ing lose it. The guy is giving me a slow developing brain tumor.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

So where's the "meteor strikes Lucas Oil Field during a Colts game" scenario?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar