10 year prison sentence for overcharging a client??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I know i'm leaving out the most interesting part of this article which is the plot to kidnap letterman's son, but the final paragraph was what amazed me most..

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-06-09-letterman-inmate-escape_N.htm?csp=34

If you were a private contractor, could you get smacked with a 10 year prison sentence for overcharging your client (with his approval)??

i don't agree with that! I'm assuming he provided a quotation for the job and David agreed to the price. Who knows, maybe this painter's skills put his services at a higher demand.

Does the law have the right to hand out 10 year sentences to premium restaurants when comparing their markups to that of McDonalds.

Whenever my ex-wife and i used to visit Lexington KY, we used to dine at this fine restaurant which charged outrageous prices for their food. My favorite dish was raisin-nut chicken which consisted of a medium portion of grilled chicken smothered with raisen nut sauce. That dish cost around $65 alone.

Maybe i should sue that restaurant. What gives them the right to charge me $65 for chicken when i could get the exact same portion at KFC for $3.99. Plus the colonel throws in a couple of free biscuits.
    :sarcasm:

I don't know.. maybe i'm missin out something.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

LMAO at one of the comments left:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar