100m sucks now

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tyson Gay failed to quality for the 100m leaving Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell to fight it out.

I was looking forward to those three having it out.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I can't claim to follow track at all other than in Olympic years, but man Bolt's run in the prelims was freaky. The guy looked like he was jogging and he puts down a 9.9... that's some crazy chit.

I've always liked the 400 and 800... hopefully I don't miss out on watching some of those prlims (if I haven't already).

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Turned on NBC first thing this morning to watch the 100m semis, rowing and womens 800m. Unfortunately NBC decided cartoons were more important.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Can you not pick up a CBC feed of the games? Canada sucks at actually competing in the games, but when it comes to broacasting the Olympics, the CBC does an unbelievably good job.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Our coverage has been great.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Usain Bolt is too fast... new WR and he started celebrating 10 strides before the finish. Race was over before it was even started.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That race was rediculous. Bolt crushed everybody without even trying.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

NBC sucks. Everyday they just continue to be more hated by me.

9. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Usain Bolt could have had easily taken the world record to 9.59, he leaned back while setting a WR.

Most impressive 100m WR ever. He is saving is "real" WR for a meeting so he can get those $$$ big time.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They are being critical because he pulled up, but what they are forgetting is that his pulling up is what made it more dramatic. If he runs through it's not water cooler. It's a great feat. But it's not watercooler. Bolt definately cashed in when he pulled up. And I don't think he did it on purpose. He was just happy to win. Dude is fast. He's a story now. And he ought to be able to get the record later. I thought the annoucer added a lot of perspective, saying that Bolt just jogged his record time in the semifinals. Good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar