1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

1080p "soap opera effect"

Discussion in 'Gear' started by CRUDS, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

Agreed..
  2. Coov

Coov Rookie

Sony seems to do it the most. I have both Sony 40" and a Samsung 52" both with 120Hz. I love the effect at times, but glad you can turn it on and off.
  3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ironically, outlets like Circuit City (r.i.p.) used to showcase movies like Pirates of the Caribbean with with 120hz processing on. originally it was a novelty effect and sold plenty of units simply because very few people had seen it.

there will be 480hz units out soon (if not already), idk I haven't looked in awhile.
  4. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Comng soon: the plug-in which makes your tv look analog. :rolleyes:
  5. BigHerm

BigHerm wooooooooo wooooooooo

i got my 42" 720p/1080i tv about 3 years ago back then it was $1000 more for 1080p, that was too rich for my blood.
  6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

You joke, but at work we are currently trying to make a show "look worse" and match a bad DVD recording that was recorded live at the show and the Artist thinks is "cool" looking. So we are spending a ton of man hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars in high end equipment to try to make video look "crappier".:rolleyes:
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

Distressed costs more... go figure

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.