11 more questions to trip up you smart guys

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honestly, if you are a genius, that doesn't make it any more likely you will get the answers right. Answers are at the bottom.

-------------

Q1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

Q2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

Q3. A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, "that's nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no type of equipment or air pockets!" The magician told the kid if he could do that, he'd give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?

Q4. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

Q5. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?

Q6. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Q7. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Q8. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Q9. If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Q10. (in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Q11. Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

-------------

Answers

2. Spoilers deleted

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My answer for #6 is technically correct.
    I have issues with the premise of #9's answer. I'm claiming all but two.

4. I missed more than half of them.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I also have issue with #9.
    I skipped over 5, didnt even see it but I don't think I would have gotten it.

I got 8.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The kid used an euqipment for his solution so it doesn't fly.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It does actually fly. It is obvious no equipment means scuba gear.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, that's an assumption.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's logic.

He says he can STAY under water using no equipment.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Most of these were simple, Im surprised I got most of them right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar