114.1 passer rating

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigg, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

2. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I didn't know you got 1 point for each yard passed.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

A valid point that certainly deserves closer consideration.....and the Titans roster certain seems to be perfectly suited to at least have a handful of plays from this formation. Just as the Dolphins have found a way to incorporate the wildcat into their own offense, I suspect the Titans could likely find similar success with the pistol.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any NFL team that has ever attempted to incorporate the pistol formation into the offense in any capacity....and while Jeff Fisher and Mike Heimerdinger may be many things, trendsetters they are not. They're not going to put themselves out on a limb unless everyone else has already tried it.

Regardless of whether it worked or not, I would be absolutely blown away if they ever tried anything like this.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

From the Wiki link (granted it is Wiki so take/grain of salt)...
    Once again, granted it was Thigpen and the Chiefs, but it's made its way into the NFL supposedly.

If it gives Vince enough room like the shotgun, I'm all for it. It's supposed to be designed to allow more room, but gets the ball in the QBs hands quicker. It doesn't delay the run game like a full shotgun does where timing is concerned as well. It has the potential to be VY and CJ's bread-and-butter formation.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You guys do realize the coaching staff is riding Vince into the 2010 year employed right. So they might just try something new so they'll be getting paid after this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar