12 teams get it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Only 12 teams going away from home for training camp | ProFootballTalk

For some time now Ive been one of the ones pushing for NFL teams to take their training camps on the road to engage with fans who may otherwise not get the chance to travel to NFL stadiums. Last year after attending the draft I decided every NFL fans needs to experience that at least one time in their lives, same for catching practices/scrimmages live.

This year the Bears, Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Raiders, Packers, Panthers, Redskins, Saints, Steelers, and Vikings will all pack up and move their practices to college campus around the country to engage with outside fans.

Currently the Titans engage with their fans by driving players around on a bus dropping them off at various schools and grocery stores, but thats not enough. For a young team in dire need of fan participation, Id think moving camp to Huntsville or Bowling Green could become appealing.

Personally this benefits me zero as Im out of the area, but I know a lot would appreciate this kind of experience without having to drive hours and hours to Nashville every summer...

Maybe even some day we could get preseason games shipped out to other areas so all Titan fans around can see their team...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im all in favor of not having those useless exhibition games

just stop with them alltogether

awful to watch, even worse live

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. JCBRAVE

its wrong you season ticket holders are forced into taking them, but they have a purpose. Preseason games aren't only for players to improve, the networks that broadcast them and the stadium staff also need those weeks to get ready.. Not to mention the refs, imagine how bad refs would be without real game work in August.... Could be bad..

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea, I'm sure Huntsville and Bowling Green would love to watch a 2 win team practice.

Just because they are from Kentucky and Alabama doesn't mean that they don't have better things to do.

• LOL LOL x 3
  5. JCBRAVE

doesn't have to be those 2 cities, anywhere with a field and some people would work

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I just have a problem with sending the team out of state after using tax payer money.

Knoxville, Memphis, Chattanooga? Cool, anything across state lines, no.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

That would work also, just figured to throw out some new names not associated with the Titans yet. The teams already captured a portion of Memphis

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Meh. This may work for teams with a wider fanbase, but not so much the small market squads.

Better off opening up camps to locals.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not that I'm for any of this, but Bowling Green and Huntsville are closer than all of those.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Didn't we do it Clarksville for awhile?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar