14 years

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its a temporary setback

1 step forward 9 steps back, hug your buddies and do it again

2. minarets

minarets Special Teams Standout

I like him because I think he can be good. I mean when put in position to be a ball hawk he can be good, I think. I mean, he used to be pretty decent when we had other decent defensive players that did their jobs. Now, Griff seems to be involved with virtually every other play because 11 other guys let the man with ball go right by...

Is he playing well, of course not. Whomever named him Wiffin, is so true. Laying the wood aint his game. This isn't Bishop back there. He needs to roam and play center field. Right now he looks lost.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

'la Vagician' would only look 'not lost' in a Summers Eve commercial

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

so easy... oh so easy to say that this is the worst season blah blah blah... and no wonder.. this is the present.. the feelings of the past are overshadowed with the present... either you haven't been a titans fan for long or you just dont remember the 09 season... loss after loss after loss with no end in sight..

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

giving up 30+ EVERY game is pretty real badder than 09

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

2009 first five games

Titans 10 Steelers 13 (OT)
    Titans 31 Texans 34
    Titans 17 Jets 24
    Titans 17 Jags 37
    Titans 9 Colts 31

Points scored per game: 16.8
    Points allowed per game: 27.8

2012 first five games

Titans 13 Pats 34
    Titans 10 Chargers 38
    Titans 44 Lions 41
    Titans 14 Texans 38
    Titans 7 Vikings 30

Points scored per game: 17.6
    Points allowed per game: 36.2

Also, in 2009, we actually had a turnaround season and finished 8-8, competing for a playoff spot the last few weeks. It simply can't and won't happen this year. At the very, very best this is a 5-11 team. But an honest best-case scenario is 3-13 in my eyes.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Worst in Titans history. Worst in franchise history was 1994. In 1993 the Oilers were in a 3 way tie for best record in the league. 1994 they had the worst record in the league. 1994 was the first year of the salary cap which led to:
    • Replacing Warren Moon with Cody Carlson -- a below average career backup
    • Replacing both starting guards -- One of whom is coaching the team now
    • Replacing both starting DE
    It was a terrible year :facepalm:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The offense didn't look in sync at any point when the game was in reach. I hear Munch talk about finding something that works and building around it. As far as I can see, nothing works.

I can't blame coaching 100% when the players don't execute. Example: Vikes blitz and no WRs cut their routes or even turn around to look for the pass. That's an offense which isn't on the same page.

The Titans are a team without identity.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    well they do have an identity ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar