'15 Titans vs '09 Bama

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Razorbacks, Dec 28, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Some years there are college football teams that are so good, so complete, and so deep that people sometimes ask if there are any NFL teams that they could pick off.. In 2009, Alabama was that team. They were the thing of nightmares in every phase of the game and they manhandled every team they played.

Well this year, it's not that we have any college teams that good, it's that we have an NFL team that bad.

So my question is this.. Could the 2009 Alabama Crimson Tide defeat the 2015 Tennessee Titans in Bryant-Denny Stadium? (We'll give Bama home field advantage, they are a college team after all).

Those of you that followed Bama that year will know already, but just as a reminder. Here is what they looked like:

2009 Alabama Crimson Tide football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SEC/Bama haters need not apply..

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think the real issue is how many Bama fans would try to have sex with T-Rac.

• LOL LOL x 5
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No college team is beating an NFL team, ever

Remember one thing, even the worst pro teams are stocked with the most talented college players

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Can't believe there are still some who think this way.

SEC d*ck riders genuinely believe this stuff too. Scary.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not a SEC jock rider, and I think that a matchup would be very close, but in a game between the 2009 Crimson Tide vs. that disaster of a team I watched yesterday I think that the college kids win. JMHO.

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It has happened in the past, in a game between the College All Stars and the NFL champion Green Bay Packers in 1963. I remember reading about this as a kid.

When the College All-Stars beat Lombardi's Packers.

I agree that, in most cases, it would not be possible. However, that team I watched yesterday could most definitely be an exception to the rule.

7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Yep another delusional SEC fan posting more bull .

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Titans would win, but it may be tough.. considering the Titans have given up, and their current QB can't get a pass in the vicinity of the receiver.

They may beat them as badly as the Texans beat us yesterday, but I doubt it.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Is this real?

Just looking at that defensive lineup a lot of those starters are scrubs in the NFL. Three out of their five starting o-linemen aren't on NFL teams. Greg McElroy as Qb, who is currently hosting a radio show on SiriusXM.

JCB level thread. For shame.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Back in the day this was only possible because football was not a full-time profession. Now we have elite athletes doing extraordinary things on the field, none of the payers from yesteryear could even hang with these players today. Then and now are totally different scenarios..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar