16 reasons to draft a WR in the 1st.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Jake Schifino tore his hamstring like three times, once while he was with the Texans.
  2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

we waste so many picks. i will never forgive fisher for the Chris Henry pick
  3. steverife

steverife Starter

I'm not sure I'd call Crabtree a bust. While he hasn't proven to be Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson, his numbers are pretty similar to Britt's numbers. Crabtree has more catches, Britt has more yards and TD's.
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I know I'm beating a dead horse here. But this is why I was so furious we didn't just pony up a 5th for Brandon Lloyd. All those crappy picks listed in the OP, most of them higher than a 5th. But... I guess... they're somehow more valuable than a proven commodity? :sad2:

That said, I think all teams "waste so many picks". It's just the nature of the game. Every single pick is a complete and total gamble, regardless of combine performance, college numbers, etc. But that's all the more reason I think it's smart to trade a late round pick for a proven vet every once in awhile.
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How is WR going to help our defense?
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

More first downs? Keep the defense from being on the field so much?

Improving any one position improves the team overall. Sure a WR isn't going to suddenly fix the defense. But we should be looking to get better at every single position that is underperforming. And WR most definitely qualifies.
  7. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

We are snakebit more than any other team in the league at WR.

Had mostly good years in regards to running back.
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So he's going to do this all by himself? Let's ignore the pitiful interior play of the OL and the inevitable decline of Hasselbeck then throw in Locker in a year. How effective will he be then? How effective will that defense be with no real threat on the DL or a playmaker in the back 7? Oh yeah we don't have one. We're not going to be in the position to get Blackmon so why waste the pick when we can get better value later? Why am I asking so many questions?
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Please see my signature.
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Keep in mind that Nate Washington makes it tough to sign any WR. Every year he tries his hardest to get it done, and never does. This guy is no more than an ok number 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.