18 game season. Who's for it? Who's against it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 3, 2009.

?
  1. I'm against it.

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. I'm all for it.

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  3. I'm indifferent.

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Yea thats what I said. Notice I didn't turn my caps on. :sad2:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget the injury issue. As a high school player I had seasons were we played 10 games and others with 12. Same thing in college. After the season I felt no different. And that's coming from someone who had plenty of nagging injuries (from day 1 to day 100). So as a high school player (which many can relate to) you can manage the difference, no problem. Look at it this way; 18 games changes those 1,000 yard rushers/receivers into nothing special. We look at 1,000 yard receivers as starters, same for backs. Now think of how many of those would be running around with an 18 game season. Either way I don't care. 16 games, cool. 18 games, cool too but not necessarily better. It's already tough enough comparing Joe Namath to Peyton Manning since they're from different generations, so will throwing more games add more issues to an already hard debate? Like I said, I don't think the injuries would be an issue. As of now they play 20 games; 4 preseason, 16 regular season. It would still be 20, but with instead of 4 lousy games it would be just 2.

Before we see an 18 game regular season I would like to see a rookie cap.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well you said "if"...

Goodell already said they would do that if they switched it. I'm just messin' with you, but I was getting tired of saying that.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Preseason is broke. Make two of them count. Sounds better already.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

As much as I dislike paying the same price for pre-season tickets as I do for regular season games, I actually think the current format is perfect.

-It gives a lot of players on the fence 4 games to prove themselves on the field in a real game.
    -The current 16-game structure, as someone else already pointed out, makes for a perfect schedule rotation.
    -As much as I'd love to watch NFL games 365 days a year, sometimes when you are only given a smaller dose of what you love, it makes it that much more enjoyable.

However, as a season ticket holder paying for games, lets have 0 pre-season games and 20 regular :)

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dropping to 2 preseason games would be fine for now IMO. The single home preseason game would be a zero anxiety warmup too the season, but only one of them thankfully

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm saying no.. with a "yessy" aftertaste.
    I'm forgainst it.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Love football with a passion however I'm totally against this. I am going by 18 regular season and 2 preseason games. Don't think it's enough time for teams to get ready and dont how are they going to determine what 2 other teams you play? The current system seems good to me.

9. t-rac_attack

t-rac_attack Camp Fodder

The more, the better, I always say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar