Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

1950 University of Kentucky Football National Championship Team

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    Easily the most talented team that Bear Bryant ever coached. They went on to destroy the then undefeated Oklahoma Sooners in their bowl game and they were voted the national championship.

The 1950 championship is easily the crown jewel of national championships that the SEC can boast. This came in era before twitter, before computers, before performance enhancing drugs, and before color tv.

Most Americans jumped on the Kentucky bandwagon from the comforts of their prairie homes by tuning into the game via AM shortband radios to hear the exhilarating coverage during this epic season.

Lets pay homage to the 1950 wildcat team. They were truly one of college footballs best teams of all time because they did something most college programs can't do today. Win a national title and not take the easiest road available to get there. They stood up to any and all competition and the Sagarian formula was used to award the then #7 team in the nation the national championship. Hats off to the Wildcats... The greatest national championship team the SEC has ever put on the field.

[IMG]
  2. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,563
    Does the creation of this thread have anything to do with the thread about the two 1997 National Champs?
  3. Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Moolah:
    $0
    I'll assume it has everything to do with it. God forbid there be a thread about college football not involving the SEC.

As for this thread, I'm confused. What's to talk about? A team nobody was alive to see? Maybe I'm not respecting history or whatever but watching football games in black and white totally bores me.

And based on the photo before black players too.
  4. Sonic28 Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $2,300
    .......Kentucky Football........hahahahahahahahahaha Good One!
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,478
    Sec-sec-sec!
  5. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,563
    If there's no brothers, it's not the same game.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,478
    yes it is, well except they probably equally emphasied 'student' and 'athlete' instead of focusing only on the 'athlete' part.
  6. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,563
    Black folk are why we now wear facemasks, and mouth pieces lol, I'm not kidding either. Sure white guys get tall and can outweigh anyone, but show me a white guy who runs 4.24-4.33 40's.
  7. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    Don Beebe (who could forget that guy!) and Kevin Curtis both ran 4.21s although curtis put up the 4.21 at his pro day and not at the combine
  8. Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Moolah:
    $0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.