1999 Titans Team and 2007 Team!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOO We had 3 bad seasons then 4th comes along and we do good. It has been 3 bad seasons and this is the 4th one so lets see what happens....... stay turned

2. Im just pointing that out to you are!! Dont take my word for or before you bash me just my opinion!! Call it what you want!!

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The 99 season was great. I still remember going to the stadium to greet the team after they beat the Jags.....one special moment.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

nice try man.. but not even close..

5. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

Chris Henry- you use an excessive amount of exclamtion points

6. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

The difference between '99 and '07 is Eddie George. I guarantee you that nobody on the 07 Titans roster is gonna have over 300 carries this year. Nobody.

That dude took SO much pressure off of Steve McNair and the passing game. Neither Brown, nor C-Henry, nor Lendale White will do for Vince what E.G. did for Steve.

Now, had Travis Henry been re-signed, I might agree with this...but the realist in me says nah. No matter how much I wanna believe it.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And it did wonders for a defense who played aggressive and needed down time to be as effective as designed.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Most people never really understood we ran Eddie to punish defenses and tire then out so McNair could do his thing. Eddie averaged less than 100 yards per game, but they were effective yards.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They had way more than just McNair and George. What about Kearse, Wycheck, Matthews.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not only George though. The other reason why was we had Matthews to open up the middle. Then Wycheck was a great blocker too. Which is why out of many reasons 99 is no way even close to 07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar