Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

1st Day BUST poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2007.

?

With things considered, which is the BAD pick?

#1 S Michael Griffin 2 vote(s) 7.4%
#50 RB Chris "Tinman" Brown 17 vote(s) 63.0%
#80 WR Paul Williams 8 vote(s) 29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. johnnybow Guest

I don't think any of 'em will bust.
  2. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    True...

It's certaintly possible that Griffin would have been gone at our pick in rnd 2...but I think Nelson's the better player and would have taken him over Griffin at #19. But if we'd had played hardball with Cleveland and gotten the deal Dallas got (first rnd 2008 and their second rnd 2007...which would have been easier considering we picked higher than the pick they eventually got and had just found out Balt was trying to trade up for Quinn)....let's assume NE takes Griffin...we would then have had our choice of trading up to get Merriweather (S) whom the Colts might have taken, DE Spencer, or Benn Grubbs. Or assuming those players were gone and we stayed pat and both Griffin and Meriweather were both gone...we could have taken OG Blalock to replace Olson, CB Houston (with a competition between Scott, Lowry, Fuller and Finnegan for one safety spot)...or gone WR Sidney Rice, or traded back a bit in rnd 2 (getting another mid round pick) and gotten a Kalil (to replace Mawae down the road and perhaps Olson now) and Piscatelli (if we still wanted a good S). Add in a likely EXTRA top 10 pick in rnd 1 next year...and we'd be in great shape (better than where we are now).

If Griffin and Henry become stars...great...it all works out. But the odds are against it. Still, I'm hoping Henry can be the next Jamaal Lewis and Griffin can be the next Ed Reed. I just think they could have done better.

Even scarier is that they reached for Henry in rnd 2...so what does that tell you about the confidence (or lack thereof) they have in LenDale?

Gut
  3. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    well, he did leave out Paul Williams nickname ,which is The Freak
  4. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    remember that SEVERAL teams spoke and worked out Henry
    I believe New England had worked him out 3 different times
    I would guess ,had we not taken him, he would have been picked by the end of the Round.
    imo, he would not have been around at the spot where we drafted PW
  5. PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Moolah:
    $0
    Paul Williams nickname is not "The Freak" it's Chris Henry's. Look at my sig I didn't make one up for him myself. He even said it in an interview when asked about his nicknames.

Anyway I think we should have taken Ross round 1. then Charles Johnson round 3 not Williams. I like the Henry pick he is a good kid with the attitude and work ethic to be great along with his physical attributes being out of this world. Everything was stacked against him at Arizona but what he has shown is potential.

0 Fumbles his whole career and he can catch the ball 21 rec.

His running ability was not able to be utilized under that scheme. Plus they had no QB which equals no passing game and their O-line was to be nice......horrible. When he had 13 carries or more they were 5-1. Vs. Oregon he went off for 191 yds on 29 carries 6.6 avg long of 61 yds 2 td's. Recieving he had 1 rec. for 21 yds and a td.
  6. TitanKid4Life Guest

i honestly believe that these guys are going to be very very good, and we are going to be happy to have them, and Paul Williams nickname is "The Freak" not Chris Henrys
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    Williams was nicknamed The Freak I know that for certain. Not sure if Henry was nicknamed that as well.
  7. TitanKid4Life Guest

i dont think that henry had a reason to be named the freak
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    because he is so athletic for someone his size.
  8. HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I remember reading Chris Henry's was "The Mutant" as one nickname.

I know Paul Williams was "The Freak"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.