2 Hesimans back 2 back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

A lot of people had LSU RB Leonard Fournette as their favorite for the 2015 Heisman Trophy. Roughly a month away, it's actually starting to look like Bama RB Derrick Henry is going to be the guy.

When both teams were matched up last week, it wasn't Fournette who showed up. It was Henry.

I was thinking we'd have to go with an OT, like Tunsil, or even a CB, like Jalen Ramsey, in the first, but the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking Henry would be the perfect fit...unless Cobb really shines and stay's healthy. Mariota is our Steve McNair, and Henry would be our Eddie George (Henry has really good speed for his size, so he'd be faster than Eddie).

Being a UT fan, I've seen how good Henry is the past few years, first hand...and much like Gurley, he can dominate a game. But I'm still kind of torn between him and OT Tunsil, who may not be on the board when we pick. What do you guys think? Should we go for back to back Heisman winners (that's assuming Henry does win it)?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

If we go rb in round 1 webster should be forced to punch himself right in the face on national tv.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I don't know about that. There are usually some highly regarded OT's at the top of the 2nd Rd, so taking a premiere RB wouldn't be a bad call...especially when we really don't have one on the roster.

I would expect that Webster or the next GM, if he doesn't keep his job, to try and trade Sankey (might be able to get a 4th or 5th). With that extra pick, we may have the flexibility to move up into the bottom of the 1st to get a tackle.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Time to stock up the OL beef.
    Cobb will be the guy

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm not one to say "you can't draft X position in the 1st". If he's truly a game changer and there's not a better player there....why not?

The offense is struggling from the lack of a consistent rushing attack. That doesn't necessarily mean the Titans need the best RB out there but it would be nice to have a true threat there.

That being said, oline has been I'm shambles for a while now. Without solid play there the offense doesn't work, period.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

With recent history on 1st round rbs and their short nfl lifespan, i think rb is the only position you avoid in the first. What team has taken an early 1st rd rb and been successful?

7. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I like Derrick Henry but I think Fournette will be the better back in the NFL. If Fournette were available this April, I would definitely love to snatch him up.. but other than that, I generally agree RB is further down our list of needs.

I love for us to pick up a stud DB.. either that or trade down (assuming we end up with a high pick)

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Rb first round? You gotta be kitten me

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

No. Henry has looked terrible when the Bama OLine has struggled, and thus he wouldn't do well here. Roll with Andrews and Cobb for next year and possibly draft Fournette.

Hargreaves III or Reggie Ragland in the first; Ryan Kelly after that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You've seen more of Henry than I have, but I can't help but see Legarrette Blount when I watch him. If he gets going he's impossible to stop, but make him change direction in the backfield and the play is over.

#10 Fry, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar