2 Main Objectives From Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

:irked: We entered into camp this year with 2 clear cut objectives: stop the run & return to a dominate ground game. Thus far we have failed.

Stopping the run is the more important of the 2. We go t run over last year and now have given up back to back 200+ yard games in preseason. Even with the upgrades we added to the D during the off season, it is clear we are not even close to where we need to be. Injuries excuses do not hold any merit. It still appears to be an attitude thing. We need to keep our eyes on the wavier wires this week to find a monster that can jam up the O-line and allow our LBs to make plays. Add to that help in the DE department and things could begin to take shape. Hope seems to be doing a good job but Thompson appears to be a waste of oxygen. Don’t forget Cincy dumped him for a reason back when they couldn’t win games. Hopefully, cuts this week will produce a monster at SS that could come in and he stop the run without looking total stupid with pass coverages.

On offense, our running game has shown times enlightenment. However the inconsistent performance thus far has been frustrating. I don’t see the need for TH. LenDale can better the running game for fewer dollars right now. JP performs well on special teams and is of better value for a #3 RB. Chris can provide some explosiveness if he can stay healthy and on the field. This week we ought to watch the wire for a super-speed back, like the one we saw last night or like the one that tore us up opening day last year. If such is found, then we can move both Brown & Henry.

It takes more time for offenses to start to click. Game planning on D-fense will help as well. But our priority needs to be focused on fixing the D to return to total domination. Adding a few more ingredients to the mix will go along way returning to where a Titan team belongs.

2. agreed, we didnt accomplish either of the goals that we set out to do, but i would hate to see how mad we were at both if we hadnt worked on them so much in camp...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it boils down to a lack of production from OL and DL. Hopefully, this week helps the DL situation. But the guards, for whatever reason, appear to be secure which baffles me.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well either the alternatives are really bad or... well actually that's the only acceptable reason I can think of. However something tells me it isn't quite so, and even then you'd wonder why no offensive linemen were picked in the draft.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The real reason if we rarely, if ever, repleace veteren players.

6. i for one, hate picking offensive lineman because it is the most boring position and thats y i dont pick them in madden drafts

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Boring, but very important position.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what the heck does that have to do with anything?

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

You took the words right off my keyboard.

I don't understand why we are so reluctant to replace veteran players. These same veterans haven't been part of a winning season for a couple of years now. Both Olson and Piller have looked lazy and complacent in pre-season to me. Light a fire under them and bench them for the last pre-season game. Heck, if Washburn was the O-Line coach, they'd know about it by now.

10. im just sayin that when we draft linemen i dont like it cause its boring and they arent really like standout playmakers even tho u need them badly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar