2 point conversion.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 27, 2015.

?
  1. Yes.

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. No.

54 vote(s)
    87.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

The Titans are "torn" about having Marcus Mariota run more, and "won't force it."

Advice: The electrifying dual threat has just five rushes through three games, but the Titans are loath to mess with the success he's been having from the pocket. It's not a bad idea to have Mariota get used to operating like a traditional NFL quarterback, but it's his running ability that puts him over the top. Mariota has already displayed a surprisingly high floor to go with his sky-high ceiling, but unleashing him as a runner would make him even more valuable from a fantasy perspective.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently Titans are "torn" between winning and losing

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Mariota has not taken a few opportunities to run when he should have.

I'm okay with few designed run plays for him but, when the pocket breaks down, he has to use the legs.

To me, Rodgers has a good balance going. He takes off a few times each game and gets down or to the sidelines. They may call the occasional QB Draw but it usually happens when the pocket is collapsing.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is really the only beef I have with Whiz. He's teaching the team at the expense of the W. And that sucks for fans.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TitanJeff

I understand the argument. The play had just been used and worked. But NFL defenses adjust. Running it two times in-a-row really cuts down on the effectiveness of most plays, IMO.

The OL was a new mix of guys. Fowler is very one-dimensional and doesn't have the ability to adjust to a closed hole by going up and over or bouncing it out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Don't mess with what's working. He can run when he feels it necessary. But as of right now he is making accurate passes and not taking any more risks by running a lot. I agree on him just feeling it out for determining when he should run or not. Imo as long as he converts a few 3rd downs a game with his legs he's doing well.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not really. Fowler is multi-dimensional. The play was blown up from the get got. Klug was pushed into his lane because they knew that where it was. Colts filled it with Klug. We've got a crappy patchwork OL that got beat. And Whiz SHOULD have never thought we can impose our will with that OL.

I'd feel better if Whiz would just admit it rather than burying the error of his decision in a bunch of coach-speak. I'd believe he is capable of better coaching if he would. Again- thus far, that is the only criticism of him that stands out to me.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If every play was executed as it was drawn up, we would have TDs on every play.

Whiz tried to prove a point and failed.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. TitanJeff

Based on what? He runs hard. He blocks. He can catch a pass.

From what I've seen, he isn't going to bounce off a pile and take the ball wide or leap over the top. I think how the play ended pretty much tells you Fowler did about all he could on the play.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

3 things. Multidimensional!

10. TitanJeff

He could only do one of the three on that particular play. That's kinda the point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar