2 Round Quick Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So I'm working an overrnight, and it's dead. So me and a couple co-workers decided to do a mock draft, here's what we ended up with:

1. Panthers - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    Clausen just isn't the man. Panthers have a hard choice at QB, either Gabbert of Newton. I think Gabbert has a better chance of starting year 1 than Newton does.

2. Broncos – Marcel Dareus, DL, ‘Bama
    Best DL in the draft. Broncos have a horrible from 3, Darues would be a huge boost.

3. Bills - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    Not sure why the Bills want Cam, but it seems almost certain. They are showing a ton of interest in him, just like they did in CJ Spiller last year. Newton can sit and learn under Fitz for a couple years, than take over. Buffalo needs a face for their franchise.

4. Bengals - Julio Jones, WR, 'Bama
    Surprised? Don't be. Rumor has it that Julio is rated higher than AJ on the Bengals draft board. With no more TO (probably) and Ocho getting older, Bengals need another WR. Plus with the 2 best QBs done, WR just seems to be the best choice.

5. Cardinals - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    PP vs Von, tough choice. I think the Cardinals will edge to Patrick though. Either way they go, it's a solid pick.

6. Browns - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    Browns have a tough choice to go for Von or Fairley. A month ago Fairley was rated as the #1 prospect, but a few negatives bumped him down. Browns has rumors about going to 4-3, and Fairley would fit as the perfect DT.

7. 49ers – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    49ers need CB help. Clements may get released once a CBA is agreed on. Unless they can land N/A they need CBs.

8. Titans – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    Titans can NOT pass on Von Miller. They have 0 impact players at LB. Bowers or Quinn would be nice, but LB is a huge need, just like DE. Von is a great pick.

9. Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    Not sure why, but Cowboys appear to be in love with Tyron Smith. He could be a future star OT, but needs a couple years. JJ Watt, Jordan, Bowers, or Quinn are all very attractive at the #9 pick. If the 'Boys want an OT, perhaps trade down? Someone has to be willing to trade up for AJ.

10. Redskins - AJ Green, WR, UGA
    Perferct pick for the Redskins. With Moss a FA and no other WRs on the roster that are stars, AJ is perfect.

11. Texans – Cameron Jordan, DE, California
    Cameron Jordan tore up at the Senior Bowl and had a good combine, with the Texans switching to 3-4 then need more 34 personnel, Jordan is the guy.

12. Vikings - Anthony Castanzo, OT, Boston College
    Vikings already have two solid DEs, and Everson Griffen for depth. Bowers or Quinn would be nice, since I believe Edwards is a FA. However, they need help at OT, Castanzo is the guy for the job.

13. Lions – Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    Lions really need CB help, but Bowers is too good to pass up. An elite pass rusher next to Suh could be deadly.

14. Rams - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
    Robert Quinn is a good pickup for the Rams. Most have him projected as 3-4 OLB, but I think 4-3 DE will also work for Quinn. Rams have a good DE to pair with Long.

15. Dolphins - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
    No Mark Ingram? Wow. Pouncey is climbing up the boards, 'Fins will probably re-sign Brown.. and they can get a RB later to pair with him. Let's beef up that OL.

16. Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    Kerrigan is very underrated, a great pick for the Jaguars. He's a sack machine!

17. Patriots - Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
    JJ Watt vs Aldon Smith, tough choice for the Pats. Although, not alot of great OLB talent later in the draft, but decent 34 DE prospects. Aldon Smith needs to be taken here and a DE later.

18. Chargers - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    Perfect fit for the Chargers. JJ Watt is a beast, and one of my favorite prospects this year. He'll be a force for the Chargers D.

19. Giants - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    Giants have multiple needs, but no glaring needs (besides maybe LB). Solder is a solid, low risk pick.

20. Bucs - Justin Houston, DE/OLB, UGA
    Interesting pick for the Bucs. Will he play DE or OLB? I'm unsure, but they'll find a place for him.

21. Chiefs - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
    Taylor is flying up the draft boards, but he's a near pefect fit for the Chiefs 3-4 NT need.

22. Colts - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
    Colts #1 priority is too protect Peyton Manning, and they've stuggled with that.

23. Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    Asante is a legit corner, but Hobbs career could be over. Not alot of depth besides those two. Jimmy will be a nice #3 CB is Hobbs returns, or could be a #1 and have a McCourty type effect for the Eagles.

24. Saints – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
    Liuget is said too be the most underrated player in the draft. Some think he'll sneak up the draft boards and end up as a Top 15 pick. As for now, I think 20's are good for him. Solid saints pick.

25. Seahawks – Gabe Carimi, OL, Wisconsin
    No Jake Locker? Seahawks have many other needs besides QB. They will probably re-sign Hasselbeck and also have Whitehurst, who they traded alot for. They will probably think they can wait to Rd2 and get a decent QB, we'll find out that doesn't work in a bit.

26. Ravens – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    Another "U" player for the Ravens. More depth at CB is a big need for the Ravens.

27. Falcons – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    Falcons need to improve their pass rush to get to the next level. Clayborn is a big ol' DE thats the best 43 DE on the board.

28. Patriots - Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple
    Wilkerson is a great pick for the Patriots, they got to be happy they decided to go OLB with their 1st pick.

29. Bears – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
    Briggs and Urlacher are legit, but they have a big hole on the opposite side of Briggs. Yes, they also need a legit WR and a OL help, but I think Ayers will be a solid player for the Bears and help their defense.

30. Jets – Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
    Pace can not be the only pass rusher. Reed is the best OLB on the board, and the Jets need to pressure the QB more. Rex Ryan will go defense of course!

31. Steelers – Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
    Ike is legit, but McFadden sucks. That simple.

32. Packers - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
    Jolly will probably be released, and is always in trouble. Jenkins is also a FA, and 30. Heyward could end up being a starter, or add extra depth for the Packers. OL could also be taken here.

2nd round:

33. Patriots – Mark Ingram, RB, ‘Bama
    Not a huge need for the Pats, but Mark is too good to pass up.

34. Buffalo - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    Bills need OL help, that simple. Watkins could be a game 1 starter.

35. Bengals – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    Palmer isn't bluffing, Bengals need a QB. Locker is a great Rd2 pickup.

36. Broncos – Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
    Both Bronco safeties are 30+, Dawkins will probably retire (or needs too).

37. Browns – Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
    Again, Browns don't really have 43 DL personel. Sheard will fit the DE job. LB is also needed.

38. Cardinals – Benjamin Ijalana, OL, Villanova
    Tempting to take Mallett or Martez Wilson. But Cardinals OL has been horrible. Ijalana could play G or T, which is a good plus for a Cardinals OL that needs help. Plus, I think they'll land a vet QB (Kolb?)

39. Titans – Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    Great pick-up and the future QB of the Titans. Heck, maybe even QB starting QB this upcoming year.

40. Cowboys – Stephen Paea, DE, Oregon St.
    Beefing up that struggling Cowboys D. More pressure on the QB will help with their rough seconday.

41. Redskins – Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
    Dalton over Ponder? Don't be surprised, Dalton is shooting up the boards, plus he can stay healthy unlike Ponder.

42. Texans – Davon House, CB, New Mexico
    Worst secondary of all time. House will add another CB to the mix.

43. Vikings – Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    Vikings need a slinger, not Ponder. Kaepernick has legs and a cannon, he'll be able to sling it too Harvin & Berrian.. and Rice if he re-signs. Ponder doesn't fit well with the Vikes.

44. Lions – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
    Lions need a true #1 CB. Hopefully Brown is the guy for them.

45. 49ers – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St
    West Coast offense is perfect for Ponder.

46. Broncos – Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
    Broncos just keep improving their defense, Martez is a steal with #46.

47. Rams – Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
    Big play receiver is just what the Rams need. Baldwin is like Braylon Edwards IMO, Rams need that type of guy (without the drops!)

48. Raiders – Stefan Wisniewski, OG/C, Penn St
    Raiders can't pass on OL help. Tooo big of a need!

49. Jaguars – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
    MSW is likely leaving, Hankerson will fill that void (easily)

50. Chargers – Rodney Hudson, G, Florida St
    Hudson is normally project late 1, early 2nd. Good value pickup for Chargers.

51. Bucs - Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU
    Basically the same comment as Hudson.

52. Giants – Bruce Carter, OLB, NC
    Giants LBs are pretty terrible. Carter will help them, with or without Bulluck.

53. Colts – Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    Colts had problems with their secondary and injuries, Burton will be nice depth.

54. Eagles – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
    Keep beefing up that DL for Washburn!

55. Chiefs – Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
    Great combo for Hali, or a replacement if Hali leaves.

56. Saints – Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
    Saints RBs were always injured last year. Another RB added to the mix may help.

57. Seattle – Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
    Well shucks, all the QBs are gone. Maybe Hasselbeck gets another year, and they draft a Rd1 QB next year. Ballard is a solid DE to add to their line.

58. Ravens – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    What a great value pick! Housh is probably gone. Mason may retire. Stallworth isn't anything great. They need WR help with Boldin, Smith is just the guy!

59. Falcons – Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
    Falcons need a compliment receiver with Roddy, Cobb could be their guy!

60. Patriots – Orlando Franklin, OL, Miami
    Patriots add extra OL depth, just in case Mankins leaves.

61. Chargers – Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
    Chargers need an upgrade at the nose, Kenrick is a BIG boy.

62. Bears - Clint Boling, OL, UGA
    Bears need OL help, that's their biggest need. Most of the good OL prospects are gone, Boling will do though.

63. Steelers - William Rackley, OL, LeHigh
    Well all know we love seeing Big Ben getting smashed, but Tomlin doesn't. OL help is needed.

64. Packers - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
    Tramon stepped up. But Woodson isn't getting any younger. Ras-I will be decent depth, and an eventual starter.

Still good talent on the board: Ryan Williams, Drake Nevis, Luke Stocker, Quinton Carter, Titus Young, Chimdi Chekwa, Jurrell Casey, Quan Sturdivant, Dontay Moch, and Kendall Hunter… just to name a few.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS??

2. xpmar9x

So just imagine this draft.. then we land a DT Rd3: Marvin Austin, Jurrell Casey, or Drake Nevis. Move JJ to DE, or re-sign Babin for not super expensive. Draft a DE 4th round for extra depth. Then either SS/OG with our 4th comp pick.

#1: Von Miller
    #2: Ryan Mallett
    #3: Austin/Casey/Nevin
    #4: DE
    #4: SS/OG

solid draft.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You really like these mock drafts.

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

that would be amazing. Miller and Mallett would be a dream.
    There is a chance Miller falls to us at 8.

5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Getting Von Miller at 8 would be a steal. I'd love it.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Da'Quan Bowers going to Detroit would be crazy with Suh already the best young DT in the league. I'd hate to be a QB in the NFC North.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

No way in hell Miller drops to 8...and why did Bowers fall so far? Did he kill your kitten?

8. xpmar9x

I get bored at work.... alot :grrhee:

Anything is possible. I mean Cards have a hard choice between Von and PP, but they choose PP. Browns entire front 7 needs help, but their DL needs the most help. They're switching to 4-3, and they need help at their entire DL, Fairley is that guy. Then it comes to the 49ers... they already have decent talent at OLB. But their CBs are washed up and they have no young talent, plus Clements could get released because of his contract. It's a hard decision but I have them going biggest need instead of best available.

And Yes. DaQuan killed my kitty.. I miss it.
    After us at 8, not many teams need DaQuan. Redskins have a much biggger need at WR. Texans need a legit 34 DE, DaQuan could play 34, but is more natural at 43. Vikings already have Jared Allen, Edwards, and Griffen a DE isn't need this earlier. So he falls right to the Lions.

9. xpmar9x

Jake Locker may be shooting up after his draft board. I think he's pretty much set in the 1st round. I don't think he make it past these teams:

10. Redskins
    12. Vikings
    15. Dolphins
    16. Jaguars
    25. Seahawks

But it's too late, to update that in my draft.

I think if my mock draft happened, New Englands 33 pick would be deadly. Some team will be willing to trade for #33 to land Locker, Mallett, or Ingram.

SO HERE IS MY QUESTION FELLERS: Would you trade the Titans 2012 1st Round pick to the Patriots for Mallett or Locker at #33?

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

No way I'd trade our 1st round next year, there is a ton of talent at safety in next years draft and that might be our biggest need going into next year. There is also a ton of QB talent in the 1st with Luck, L. Jones, and Barkely coming out, all of whom I think are better than any QB in this draft. If our QB draft pick this year doesn't pan out (hopefully a 2nd or 3rd rounder) it would be great to get one of those 3 guys. I'd even trade our 2nd this year for a 1st next year so we'd have two firsts and could use those to move up and get one of those guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar