#2 vs. #1

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Yet you go to the Memphis boards, much of the talk is the hope that Vandy can beat UT so they can get their #1 ranking back. #1 doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but going into Memphis and being the better team is huge that could pay off in the future. No wonder Cal doesn't want to play the game there anymore.

The only thing that is important now is Vandy, who is a very good team and even better at their place. We will have to play very good to win there and it will be very tough. But we have proven that when you talk about some of the better teams in the country, UT is part of that conversation.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why so bitter??

I agree that the rankings don't matter come tournament time or anything else, but it is a big deal to a university that has never achieved that ranking in it's mens bball history. Especially against a state rival and a team that is considered one of the best in the country.

What is so hard to understand about that? You sound like a total whiny sore loser.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Whenever someone actually starts to argue a point with him, it gets like that.

Great game, very exciting the whole time. This is a tough week for UT, it'll be interesting to see how they hold up. Glad they get to be #1 for the first time ever though. It may not mean anything at the end of the season, but it's a great thing for the school to have accomplished.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Memphis is 326th out of 328 division1 teams in free throw shooting.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I bet App. state were pretty subdued when beating Michigan. :grrhee:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right. And someone wearing black and gold will probably hand a platinum card to the ref and say "put it on my tab."

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well...I'll be at the game tonight wearing my orange. To bad the seats suck...

Mid Court, Row 4. Holla....

8. TitanJeff

Who's your buddy?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

kman, wtf is up with Lofton
    i realize he's leading the team in scoring, but he's missing a LARGE number of his shots ... he was horrible vs, Memphis

10. TitanJeff

It was fun while it lasted. Foster was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar