#2 vs. #1

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It was pretty wild last night seeing these police with video cameras and still cameras taking pictures of all the students. If they did rush the court, they would have been caught. I thought it was pretty damn smart. It's amazing what the fear of getting caught can do.

2. Yeah, a little fear of authority generally goes a long way.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

SEC teams arent that used to it. The East teams only play there once a year, and the West teams once every 2 years. And I would think that it does make a difference. It certainly makes it more difficult for coaches to communicate with players and that sort of thing. So I think the set up does provide an advantage for Vandy. They are a good team, so not taking anything from them, but I think the SEC needs to make the sidelines standard around the league, at least for conference games. There is plenty of room on the sidelines to put the benches.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think it is good especially at Vandy because of that drop off of the court. Plus, saves them money.

Anyway, congrats to Vandy. Was a great game. Once I saw in Foster's eyes that it was on, I knew even more that it was trouble. I just wish these SEC refs would start calling games consistantly.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think I saw Pacman storm the court at the buzzer.

6. TitanJeff

If you don't mind the first 10 rows behind not seeing anything but the back of a player. :)

7. TitanJeff

Hand check fouls are pretty lame. Set an ugly tone.

It looked like the refs had a chat with the coaches at the end of the half. I don't think either were happy and it appeared to settle down a bit the second half.

In the last minute, I thought it would take a beheading to get a foul.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Cant the people that sit on the first few rows behind the endline make the same complaint? I realize the gym is strange for a basketball gym. But, I still think it provides a distinct unfair advantage because of the benches.

9. The seats behind the baselines aren't below the floor, so they can see fine the way it is.

I'm in the 8th row on the sidelines and I'm at about even with the players heads on the floor. If the benches were there, I wouldn't see much of the game...

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Maybe so. Regardless, I still think it provides an unfair advantage, and Im sure they could do something to fix it if they wanted too, which Im sure they dont.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar