2007 college running backs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

Valid notion? How in the world is saying that we would draft a RB in the first next year a valid notion? That is the laughable notion.

Asssuming Peterson could enter the draft next year is laughable? Oh, you're right. I forget that most RBs that are a runner up in the Heisman their freshman year stay all 4 years especially when they'd be a top 10 pick after their junior year. No, I don't know how our running game will work out. But I'm pretty damn sure that with a year in the new system and trimming the fat with 2 of our linemen who held us back at times in the Running game and by adding a 6 time pro bowler at one of those position that we would do better. That's laughable? Right...put down the bong. Predicting a year in advance? So it is laughable to make an assumption about something a year in advance when the thread ITSELF is about events that will take place a year in advance.

Please go back and learn what LOGIC is. Nothing I have stated is at all Laughable. However your attempt at a response IS.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yea, I remember when Washington bought a defense in the off season and they thought that would work out too.

Peterson is a year away from being eligible. Not just any running back goes in the top 10. If he has a bad year for any number of reasons (injury, suspension, grades, a decline of OU, a better prospect emerging, lack of need at that position for the 10 worst NFL teams, etc etc), he won't be a top 10 pick. It's laughable that you are saying so positively that he will be a year in advance. Then there is that he might want to come back and try to win a championship or God forbid graduate.

Logical would be admitting that you don't have a clue what will happen one year from now and neither can the first poster. I wasn't implying the negative of what you said, but rather pointing out the obvious absurdity that you were cracking on a guy about something you can't possibly have a clue about yet.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Anyways, there is a huge difference between you saying that you don't think something is likely to happen and calling the guy's point laughable (even after he said he was "going out on a limb" implying that he didn't expect most people to share his opinion). That's ridiculous.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Peterson is the closest thing to Bo Jackson I have seen since Bo. He will be picked in the top 3. Outside of Peterson these are the guys listed by collegefootballnews.com

RB Marshawn Lynch, Cal – As it stands today, the 2007 draft looks as if it’ll be light on top running backs, which could be the impetus for an early departure from Lynch. He’s a premier back with breakaway speed and a penchant for shedding tacklers. In two years at Cal, he’s averaging more than seven yards a carry and can also contribute on special teams and in the passing game. Lynch has only scratched the surface of his potential, and has showed signs in the off-season that he’s preparing for a monster junior year

RB Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State – After successive injury-plagued years, Hamilton is due for a season of health and prosperity. And if that occurs in 2006, he’d be wise to capitalize on the good fortune and immediately forego his final year of eligibility. Hamilton debuted with 1,087 yards as a true freshman, but sat out 2004 while recovering from a broken leg and was hampered by a bad hammy in 2005. If the injury bug can be exterminated this fall, his blend of power and speed will draw comparisons to Laurence Maroney from pro scouts.

RB Gary Russell, Minnesota – One year after accounting for 1,357 yards and 19 touchdowns as a reserve, Russell is academically ineligible this spring; a sure-fire recipe for early entry into the NFL. He’s taking classes at Inver Hills Community College and is also making up work at UM, but a return to the Gophers this fall is no certainty. Russell is surprisingly nimble for a 220-pound, between-the-tackles back, but needs to get back to the team this summer for his draft grade to be at its peak for next April.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Draft/Juniors.htm

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Those last two guys sound like trouble. Injuries or academic issues.........I think I'll just stick with White. I like Lynch though.

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Peterson is Eric Dickerson. He'll enter the draft and be picked highly. He knows that running behind OU's OL is suicide, and he can only hope he survives another year of it.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At this stage we have White, Henry and Brown.

No need whatsoever to talk about needing a RB next year with the first pick.

Surely all three of them will not be dissappointing next season.

8. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I think you mean RB GhostZ. There's something up...that guy is at least 20:
    [​IMG]

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

you know what I think is laughable? SAYING LAUGHABLE ABOUT 800 TIMES ON ONE TOPIC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar