2007 draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bored1, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you have to take into consideration who johnson had throwing him the ball.

look at the stats from the acc championship game.

reggie ball: 9-29 129 yards 2 ints
    calvin johnson: 8 receptions 117 yards

not much more the guy could do.

2. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Samardzija has more of a chance at being a solid number than Ginn does. He easily has all the tools necessary compared to a converted track star.

3. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I actually think Brandon Jones has a chance to be a pretty good #1 guy. Give him a couple of years with VY and hopefully it'll be clicking.
    I'm not sold on Ginn either, he'll either be a star or a total flop. I'd love to get Jarrett, but I'm sure he'll be gone by the time we pick.

4. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

• Resign Travis Henry

I think we should resign Robaire Smith and Tony Brown heading into the
      off-season.

SIGN NATE CLEMENTS CB IN FA

Resign Bobby Wade

Release or demote Peter Sirmon

Still Questionable on Drew Bennett

Then through the draft i think we need to finish building up our Defense first and then go Offense.

Round 1: I would like to see us get a good DE prospect someone like Lamaar Woodley or Adam Carriker

Round 2:I would like to see us add another element to VY's game and give him a WR to work with.-I like Johnnie Lee Higgins,who is faster than Ginn and is more polished with less exposure,or if Anthony Gonzalez comes out he would be a good pick as well.

Our secondary would consist of 2 very elite Corners in Pacman Jones and Nate Clements.Chris Hope is also an elite safety,and would beable to do even more w.o a weak link like Rey Hill.And at the other S,i think we will see Vinny Fuller in our "FS" role.He plays the ball well and is pretty athletic,but he isnt scared to play the run either,so i like his ability playing FS for us.

On the Dline we would have KVB,Haynesworth,R.Smith, and either Carriker or Woodley which is a very good and pleasable unit for my likings.With a great mix of power,speed, and athleticism.

And we all know our position at LB with The All star himself,Keith Bulluck,On the other side Davd Thornton has been very solid and extremely valuable.In the middle We will give it to rookie standout Stephen Tulloch.

That Defense looks to be a very stellar unit to me.

On offense i think our Oline the way it is now is going to be the starting unit next year,but i could see us adding more valuable depth.

VY is obvioulsy our Future,and our QB.

Bo Scaife, and Ben Troupe at the least seems like a very good set of TE's to me.We will probably keep Hartstock because of his blocking abilities and the injury to Erron Kinney and his uncertain future.

Our RB's look to be fine next year with Travis carrying the load again and LenDale will get more looks next year,and the 3rd RB next year will probably be Ganther,or a UDFA or some guy brought in.But the RB position looks very pleasing as well next year.

Now we get to the WR's.
    Givens should be back,but we have yet to see how he plays for us,but that was also in KFC time,and in VY's early stages.When he did catch the ball i noticed he was making plays and he was good at breaking tackles,and was a good run blocker.If he's healthy then i think he could very well be back on top next year,and would be a huge suprise for us.
    Brandon Jones is going to be our number 2 next year,and he is entering his 3rd season,which is a great thing,becuase usually when you want to judge WR's you look at their 3rd when they all seem to just fully breakout.But Yes BJones will be a very solid Recieving threat next year.In the slot i think we will bring Bobby Wade back,because he is so valuable on ST's and in a leadership role.He makes plays,and he is getting better each week,and is pretty consistent catching 1st downs etc.I also think Roydell Williams and Courtney Roby might show some stuff next year,but we will still add a WR,and what better than a threat like Johnnie Lee Higgins in round 2?
    He is 6ft and about 185,he posses great speed and athleticism.He runs in the 4.25-4.3 range,and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.In HS he was all state in high jump and track and field,as well as a honor roll student.This year he has 15 TD's 1320 recieving yards with a 17 yard average.Those are veyr very solid numbers.He reminds me of Greg Jennings last year,except has much better speed and creates more on his own.

I would be very estatic if our draft and off-season did go like that,especially the way our season is ending with such promising potential

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That WR on South Carolina was pretty damn good this week too. He was a one man show.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is that Sidney Rice.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

8. CHope81

CHope81 Guest

I like Gaines Adams. Does anyone think he`ll be available when we are on the clock though?

9. MttyTitan

MttyTitan Guest

I think Blalock should be a solid first round pick and do you think Carriker would still be available on the second round?

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

We don't need another Drew Bennett type. No thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar