2007 RFA tenders..................

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Camp Fodder

There were some changes with the New CBA, and this is the RFA tender amounts for the coming offseason:

* $850,000 - original draft pick compensation (a second-rounder if the player was a first-round pick)
    * $1.3 million - second-round pick
    * $1.85 million - first-round pick
    * $2.35 million - first- and third-round picks

The 2nd-round pick level is new to this CBA, and the max comp of a 2nd rounder for the lowest-level tender is new as well.
  2. sorry but this makes no sense to me, can u explain it in a not so smart way?
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

If you tender a RFA (Restricted Free Agent, ie. hasn't played more than 4 years i think) you can tender them at those levels.

Lets say we tender Chris Brown at $1.3 million. Teams can offer Brown a contract and if he accepts the Titans get a second round pick from the team that signs him.
    If no team offers him a contract, Chris Brown is under contract for one year at Tennessee for $1.3 million.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

players reach RFA status in their third year. anything under 3 years is an exclusive rights free agent(cant deal with any other team but the one they were under contract with)
  5. ok that makes a little more sense
  6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Let me explain the first one, then, and shed a little more light. My bad if you got it already.

Say a team gives it's RFA the lowest tender, $850,000. If a team signs that player to a contract, then the team that had that player originally receives the same draft pick they gave up drafting him. A fourth for a fourth, fifth for a fifth, etc. The exception is if it's a first round player, the original team can receive no higher than a 2nd.

Clear as mud, by my explanation, I'm sure.
  7. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Thanks for the info.
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

congrats on making sense of it all :ha:
  9. titanfan24

titanfan24 Guest

With our cap room, wouldn't it maybe be a wise decision to possibly tender a Chris Brown at 850K and receive a third rounder as compensation from a Houston, Cleveland, or NYG, who certainly are all going to be looking for a RB??
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We seldom make wise decisions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.