2007 Sleeper Teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ZELL22, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2997877

Ohhhhh no ya don't. Don't any of you reporters dare start taking notice of our team. I know it's minor props, but everything before these few pre-season wins, and VY, and the defense looking decent, has been "The Titans are trash, they will finish last in the division, VY will suffer from a sophmore slump, he's lost so many weapons.....The defense is terrible and did nothing to improve it's poor standing".

I don't know about any of you, but I am perfectly happy with the media ignoring us, bashing our QB, defense, and FO decisions(heck we do enough of that). So when they turn around and we are in the hunt for the playoffs, teams can keep sleeping and ignoring us right into the AFC championship game.

Funny, but we haven't heard anything outta Merril "the bum" Hodge lately.....

Anyone else happy with flying under the radar??

2. Im perfectly fine with going under the radar. It does suck though, to turn on espn and see every team BUT ours.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm tickled right now watching espn hype Steve McNair haha. He was beyond finished 3 years ago.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I too would love to see more of our team, but if it comes at the cost of hearing them say how bad were going to be, then I can cope with seeing them only on sundays. Honestly, we will only be invisible for as long as were as bad as they say we are. As soon as it looks like we are going to be something other than a novelty, then by default, the cameras will begin to focus in. Hopefully, by then we have made enough noise around the league and accumilated a bunch of wins.

5. The titans wagon is all ready full,there's no more room,even for ESPN

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I hate people riding on the bandwagon. Not fair to us real fans

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I agree with the premise and replies in this thread. Let them hate on our Titans all they want. Vince will serve them a big glass of shut up juice with a side of crow... and for dessert... humble pie. ;)

8. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I my memory serves me correctly, John Clayton was actually one of the few analyst who still said we would be decent when everyone else was bashing us. He didn't say we would make the playoffs or win the division. So his stance now isn't that different from where it was before training camp.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We are still 0-0. Let's believe but keep it real until we actually produce.

[​IMG]

10. Hmmm........ quote, "Head coach Jeff Fisher compares the closeness of this team to the one in 1999 that reached the Super Bowl. Now let's not go that far. But as long as Young's elusive legs and accurate arm keep the Titans above the 20-point level while the team tightens up its defense, last year's finish will not be a fluke."

I knew I wasn't the only one who taught about that idea. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar