2007 Titans vs. 2000 Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As much as I hate the Ravens, they played Fisherball better than Fisher in 2000. Come playoff time, their defense is what dominated the playoffs.

Here's a breakdown of the two teams on a per game average:

2000 Ravens
    Defense vs. the run - 60 yards per game
    Defense vs. the pass - 198 yards per game

Rushing from RBs
    122 yards per game - .5 TDs per game

QB Production
    200 yards per game - 1.25 TDs per game

2007 Titans
    Defense vs. the run - 66 yards per game
    Defense vs. the pass - 205 yards per game

Rushing from RBs
    122 yards per game - 1 TD per game

QB Production
    181 yards per game - .625 TDs per game

Difference
    Run D - Ravens by 6 yards
    Pass D - Ravens by 7 yards
    Rush yards - Identical but Titans have double the TD production
    QB yards - Ravens by around 20 yards and they had double the passing TD production

Draw your own conclusions.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great stats..
    Defense wins games.

I no longer blame Schwartz. Well, for the meanwhile atleast.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Interesting to see. They have us slightly but I think we haven't even seen our best. The Houston game could have been complete domination but we gave up alot of yards in the 4th. Same as TB on their last drive.

4. OK, now compare the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers to the other teams back in 2000...

I think the Ravens D and our D are somewhat comparable, but we aren't going to win unless VY can start playing decent football.

5. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Starkiller is right... The 2000 Ravens didn't have to deal with the Patriot and Colt offenses... The Titans were the best team in the NFL that year and their offense was pedestrian.

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

The Ravens also feasted off some of the worst offenses ever that year. We aren't play horrible offenses...atleast not to the kind that the ravens got to play that year.

7. TitanJeff

I think that's a given. No one is saying the Titans are Super Bowl bound based on eight games but if they can limit the turnovers and get more production from Young, I like the thought of a strong defensive team who can run the football in January.

8. TitanJeff

Both the Ravens and Titans played the Bengals and Browns twice who were horrible. The Titans also got the Cowboys when they were baaaaaaaad.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We see it every year - teams that are exciting in September often struggle in January. We obviously aren't in the class of the Colts and Pats (using the term "class" loosely on that last one), but we've shown we can go toe-to-toe with Indy every time. That's a dangerous team in the playoffs. I still wouldn't put any bets on us going deep in the playoffs this year, but we finally appear to have the foundation of a team that will be in the elite for the next several years. If we continue to see improvement from VY and we can keep the core of the defense together I like the chances of a SB in the next 5-6 years.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Bingo budddaaaay :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar