2008 Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

With practice underway the cream is starting to rise to the top...

-- Adarius Bowman, Harry Douglas, D.J. Hall and Donnie Avery have been less than impressive. Lavelle Hawkins (Cal), Jordy Nelson, Limas Sweed, and Andre Caldwell have looked really good so far. Supposedly Dorien Bryant (Purdue) has been the best looking receiver thus far.

-- Leodis McKelvin has muffed a punt and dropped 2 interceptions. CB's Charles Godfrey (Iowa), Tracy Porter (Indiana), and Terrence Wheatley (Colorado) have all been very impressive. Simeon Castille (Alabama) and DeJuan Tribble (BC) have not faired too well.

-- Sedrick Ellis, Red Bryant and Dre Moore have all been impressive at the DT position. It's looking more and more like Ellis may become the top DT in the draft.

-- Matt Forte (Tulane) has been really impressive thus far. Chauncey Washington (USC) has shown a great ability to catch the ball and shows a nice burst. Justin Forsett (Cal) has also caught some eyes. Chris Johnson (ECU) and Dantrelle Savage (OK St.) haven't produced hardly anything thus far.

-- Fred Davis has emerged as easily the best TE but Martin Rucker (Mizz) and Kellen Davis (Mich. St.) have stood out as well. John Carlson backed out of the bowl due to sickness.

I'll try to post more whenever I find the time.

2. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

what time is the game at and is it saturday or sunday? thanks, i dont wanna miss it.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

It's Saturday at 3 o'clock eastern. The NFL Network will be showing it.

4. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

The game is on Saturday at 4p.m. eastern time, 3p.m. central time. And yes on the NFL Network

5. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

oh thats cool then i guess i will miss it then.:hot: anyways heres a good link for the senior bowl and other off season stuff.
    http://footballsfuture.com/

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why is the Senior Bowl on the NFL network? I hate that channel. Ruins everything.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I've watched every practice on the NFL Network (which means I haven't seen everything) and I disagree with some of those assessments.

From the bits I've seen Dorien Bryant from Purdue has looked horrible. He doesn't extend his arms and catch with his hands and he has struggled against press coverage.

The best WRs have been Caldwell, Avery, Eddie Royal and Jordy Nelson. Bowman has dropped a ton of balls but does cause problems for DBs. Hawkins from Cal has had his moments.

Fred Davis looks real good, as does RB Justin Forsett from Cal.

Sedrick Ellis looks like a #1 overall pick.

One guy who would fit the Titans system real well and practiced great today was DT Laws from Notre Dame.

8. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

I would agree with you if I wasn't a Direct TV subscriber. However I recommend it. NFL network is not going anywhere, so if your a die hard football fanatic like most of us on this site I would go ahead and bite the bullet. It is worth it.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah. I had DirectTV and nfl network. Both of which were wastes of money. Any time it sprinkles direct needs to send someone over to fix your satelite. I hated it. Plus, the NFL network usually was showing cheerleading try outs rather than football.
    It'll either die or go to all services. From what I saw on it, I dont care which it does.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I haven't seen any of the practices and was getting all of my info from espn insider. So, take everything I said with a grain of salt.

Keep us updated on how things are going Carpy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar