2008 Tightends

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fred davis disappointed me today at the combine. he dropped a lot of passes.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

None of the TE I saw today impressed me enough to take before the 2nd round. Jermichael probably just worked himself out of the 1st day with his numbers. The guy who was supposed to be a fast jumper turned in a 4.8 40 and a 27 in verticle. Bennett was also very average, I expected more from him as well.

The good news is there should be some pretty decent TE available in the 3rd round to chose from.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'd say that Marcus Monk would make a nice project for tight end if we don't take one early...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like bennett in the 2nd rd. I also like carlson. Except for tamme who is 235 lbs there is no TE in this draft with better than 4.69 speed. All are 4.7 guys. There is no winslow or greg olson type who can run like a WR that has decent size(250).

That said it is important that the guy we draft can block. Bennett is supposed to be the best blocker of the bunch and he has a huge wing span. Think of erron kinney but a better receiver.

Cottam is rising up the rankings fast and could be a 3rd rd pick. He is absolutely huge and my guess is that because there are no stretch the field type TEs with size that is why. Draft bennett and cottam and you would scare the hell out of the opponents strong safety.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Heh, I watched Cottam play a lot in college (or rather, watched him warm the bench behind Chris Brown). He was highly touted coming out of high school (potential) and failed to beat out a two star recruit (who wasn't even that great). Teams would be smart to steer clear imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar