2009 Free Agent Class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

As far as the money situation were going to be able to sign a couple of these players. Maybe not all 4 but at least three.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=5743

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We would not ever sign any FA to a contract as big as the ones Peppers and Asomugha will get. I bet they won't even hit the market, Asomugha will just get franchised again, and the Panthers should be better, so Peppers might re-sign.

3. The Playmaker

Even if those 2 players are gone, there is still alot of talent left. The point about the FA class is just not the top 10 but how much talent their is. I'm glad the Titans have a lot of cap room for next off-season. To improve this team.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Nobody else on that list is going to get a huge contract from the Titans IMO except maybe WR if the WRs don't show some improvement. If the WRs tank this year maybe the FO decides to stop wasting draft picks and just go out and sign a guy (my attitude anyway because WRs are so hit and miss, if you know a guy is good go after him). We have spent numerous draft picks on WRs over the last four years and Gage came in and out played them all. What does that tell you? Mike Williams might end up being better than any guys we drafted as well. Not that taking rejects always works but obviously if you can sign a guy like Houshmanzadeh or Roy Williams you might be getting a guy you might not find after drafting 20 guys over a decade.

5. The Playmaker

I don't think anyone expects the Titans to sign a big name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar