2010 Packers vs 2011 Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I know its too early to think Superbowl, because we have to actually get in the playoffs first.

And I know just because a team is similar to another doesn't mean their outcomes are the same.

With that said, can anybody find similarities between the 10-6 2010 Packers that got hot and went to and win the Superbowl and the 2011 Titans that are on pace to go 10-6 and enter in the playoffs as the 6th seed?

Or maybe even the NY Giants that defeated the Patriots. Both teams that struggled, snuck in the playoffs and won the Superbowl.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sure there are some similarities. But more importantly there is one stark difference.... Aaron Rodgers.

I like the Giants comparison much better. Although their defense was much, much better than ours. But yeah, it's a possibility. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Maybe, we just have to get there first. If we win this weekend I'll feel much better.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If we can pull out a win this Sunday I think we have an excellent shot at winning out and making the playoffs. If that were to happen we'd be one of the hottest teams heading into the playoffs. From there, who knows?

As of right now I wouldn't bet more than five dollars on us playing in the SB but I suppose anything could happen. Once you're in the playoffs what happened in the regular season doesn't matter much.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let's hope we're the 2010 Packers this season.

I just wanna say this one more time. I said last August that the Packers would be in the Super Bowl. AND this past August I said the Titans would be in this coming Super Bowl.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't see many comparisons other than the potential record. Maybe in a year or two when we have a stable of good WRs and Locker picks up the reigns from Hasselbeck I'd consider the comparison.

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

even if we dont make the playoffs the Titans are 7-5 with our best QB as second string, our best player out for the season, and CJ having his worst season as an NFL player

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would like too see the Titans make the POs

Clearly the team is getting better week by week. For once it would be nice to have the Titans peaking in Janurary instead of December.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Best QB as second string? What are you tal...

Ohhh I see what you're getting at.

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar