2010 Titans and beyond

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A good read by Mike Keith who explains how the uncapped season impacts the league and the bright future of the Titans based on the past two drafts.

http://www.titansradio.com/Article.asp?id=1666195&spid=28842

It leaves you feeling pretty optimistic. This season's draft becomes even more important. I am not as confident Mouton will be ready to be the #2 CB which leaves a big hole in the defense but it is good to see the last two draft classes showing so much potential.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

That's definitely a "sunny day" look at the team. Almost every player's outlook is spun in the most positive way possible.

I look at guys like Craig Stevens, Stanford Keglar and Senderrick Marks and I just don't get that excited (at least not yet). I also see warning signs for guys like Britt (the recent legal stuff) and Jason Jones (injuries) that are very worrisome.

All of that said, I'm still very optimistic about the direction the team is headed.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not sold on Mouton yet either, but he did show some nice flashes in preseason. (Wait, I did just say that) We still need another real CB to team up with Finnegan.

Britt is gonna be a stud and has already shown that. (Not too worried about the legal stuff)

Stevens looks to be getting quality reps on ST and should be a good blocker. Cook will be a stud.

Marks didn't play a whole lot but I thought he did well when he did play. More PT will give him more of a chance to do some damage.

I'm very optimistic about our future. Not too sure what to make of this year's draft though. I'd like to see us make some trades instead of risking those picks on unproven players.

4. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

lmao Britt posted bail for a long-time friend and got chased down for overdue traffic tickets and all of you act like he's the next Pac-Man.

The hell?

The only things you could give him grief for are is forgetfullness/irresponsibility (read: 21 yrs old; I'm sure you were all the ULTIMATE citizens @ 21.....The year you can legally drink.....right....)

and perhaps getting taken advantage of. But we've all been taken advantage of and it looks like he's just loaning the $$$ anyways according to the story. If I had the cash I dunno if I could skip bailing someone I had known since I was a kid.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

u either understand incorrectly or forget quickly

im never said in any of my posts that he's crossed the line. but let me tell ya, he's getting close. after a great season and the team split up, i have yet to see a good article of him (opposite to the one i found and started a thread with - ie SI britt top 20)

6. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Very positive outlook of our future. I have always felt that we have done a pretty good job with the draft, of course just like any team we have made a few bad choices. If Mouton and Keglar can step their game up it will help our defense tremendously.

7. TM

TM Starter

Almost every other teams in the league could write the same article and just change the names.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Thats a line of crap. The ONLY thing Britt has done 'wrong' is not pay a few speeding tickets. I don't abide by this whole get rich and abandon all your poor friends philosophy that some people want NFL players and other athletes to buy into. His boy got into some trouble, he helped him out, plain and simple. If anything it displays loyalty and character; I know people and have friends that have been to long jail sentences for selling drugs, carrying guns, etc. That has nothing to do with me. If a good friend of mine needed help and I had the means to help him I absolutely would, no questions asked. Until they pin something more then a few speeding tickets on Britt then I got nothing bad to say about him, sounds like your average 21 year old man to me.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is true, talk about putting a 'spin' on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar