2011 NFL draft do over.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Apr 5, 2013.

1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I know I did lol.
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

LOL What? Locker is yet to look great for an entire game. Kaep absolutely balled his was through the playoffs
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Nope. I wanted Julio and when he was gone I wanted Watt. I was bummed when we picked locker. So far my opinion hasn't changed.
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

If memory serves, I was open to (from the unpicked guys still remaining when we picked) OL/C Pouncey and DL Nick and JJ......
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

I wanted d-line in the 1st for the last 2 drafts.

With all of the good D-line prospects taken before 20 last year, I understood why Kendall Wright was taken.
  6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

This wasn't worth its own thread.... But DAYM, we were recently talking about different teams and their drafting abilities - my goodness, check the black hole before ever hating on the Titans again - I hope Webster proves to be a star in the draft room...

Per SI.com - King's MMQB
    The level of incompetence in the draft room by the Raiders is stunning. Over the past nine years they're the only team to not draft a Pro Bowl player in the first round. The year-by-year futility in drafting:
    • 2004 -- Drafted tackle Robert Gallery second overall. Couldn't hack tackle. Became a decent guard. Now out of football.
    • 2005 -- Drafted cornerback Fabian Washington 23rd overall. Now out of football.
    • 2006 -- Drafted safety Michael Huff seventh overall. Just left for Baltimore as an unrestricted free agent.
    • 2007 -- Drafted quarterback JaMarcus Russell first overall. Russell and Ryan Leaf are the biggest quarterback busts in NFL history. Now out of football.
    • 2008 -- Drafted running back Darren McFadden fourth overall. When healthy, he's a very good back, but he's missed 23 games due to injury in five years. Enters the season as the Raiders' prospective starting back.
    • 2009 -- Drafted wideout Darrius Heyward-Bey seventh overall. Just left for a modest free-agent deal in Indianapolis.
    • 2010 -- Drafted linebacker Rolando McClain eighth overall. Two arrests, one team suspension and three in-and-out seasons later, he was released by McKenzie last week.
    • 2011 -- Al Davis used the first-round pick in a trade the previous year for defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who was cut by McKenzie in a cost-cutting move last month.
    • 2012 -- Former coach Hue Jackson used the first-round pick in a trade the previous year for Palmer, who was traded by McKenzie to Arizona in a cost-cutting move last week.
    Nine first-round picks in the last nine years, and the Raiders have just one of the players used with the nine picks on the roster today. That is all-time incompetence. McKenzie is here to clean up the mess. It's categorically unfair to judge the job he's doing until at least the end of the 2014 season.
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

I can see why the FO wanted Locker.

A hard working, down to Earth guy who has a big arm.

I have always thought that JK was the "lets pick the opposite of VY's mentality" pick
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Good God, that is like the Lions were a few years ago, that is flat out pitiful.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, as far as 2011 goes... my wants were probably in this order:

1. Peterson
    2. Green
    3. Fairley
    4. Watt
    5. Quinn

I knew Peterson and Green would be gone, but that's what my top 5 board (for the Titans) would have looked like.
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

How's that worked out for us so far?