2011 NFL Draft First-Round Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanAtl

TitanAtl Practice Squad

You are right about that, they obviously did. I disagree with them but I don't get paid to make those decisions and my job won't depend on this one decision. In 3 or 4 years we will be sitting here talking about them making a good decision or talking about who our new coaching staff will be.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'm hoping we land:

Da'Quan Bowers, Stephen Paea, Martez Wilson or Akeem Ayers with our 2nd round pick.
  3. TitanAtl

TitanAtl Practice Squad

Several scouts said that had he actually come out last year when everyone spent 4 months scrutinizing him he would have fallen a lot lower kind of like what happened with Gabbert this year rather then staying at one. When he announced everyone was saying top 2 or 3 pick but when they looked closer at him he dropped to 10th.
  4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 MY Titans wore navy blue.

Once upon a time I thought Blaine Gabbert was the #1 pick. Fifth, latest. Once upon a time I thought Matt Leinart would go second to the Saints. My draft sense sucks.

I was taken aback by the Locker pick, but okay, he's our guy now and I'll support him all the way. My favorite storyline is of course the work he puts in. That'll be a nice change. I'm hoping for Bowers in the second. Failing that, maybe Paea?
  5. pettso

pettso Starter

I'm hoping we trade up a few spots to pick up Bowers in the 2nd.
  6. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Locker's highlights are mostly running plays

how is he the anti-Vince? Most of his highlights are running plays.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

I wouldn't touch Bowers. Once teams start talking microfracture surgery before you take a snap in the NFL, that's it for me, you're off the board. I'd just as soon take Marvin Austin, Aaron Williams, or Akeem Ayers.
  8. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

man everywhere you look, espn, yahoo sports, walterfootball, facebook etc. everyone bashing on the titans pick with locker - even kurt warner in on nfl network how much of a surprise the pick was with gabbert on the board -but the biggest hater of them all was mike mayock of nfl network, absoulety bashed on jake locker the moment he was drafted! all these people are either obsessed with gabbert or they just butt-hurt that their mock drafts were ruined ...
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

We'll see...

I hope that Locker and Gabbert are both awesome and have a crazy rivalry going throughout their careers.
  10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm hoping VY is the QB who came in the league with all of the hype but slowed in the transition and became an above average QB. I'm hoping Locker came in highly underrated and probes himself and becomes an elite QB, an AR type threat.

Wishing Vince the best with his future team and welcoming Locker to the two toned blue.

Hoping to go defense in the next 3 rounds (4 picks?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.