2011 NFL Draft Rounds 2 and 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's perfectly fine, we don't ever re-sign our 2nd rounders. 4 years and he'll be out anyways, let us be the ones to get 40 sacks from him before he's selling used cars.

2. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

As long as Brandon Harris is on the Board, I hope we aren't looking anywhere else. But I'd say he'll be one of the first guys off the Board today.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What if Munchak takes a TE? :eek:

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

he wont... munch is a smart coach :D

5. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I honestly wouldn't mind Bowers. I know the knee is a major concern, obviously.

I think about it this way - hypothetically if his knee is fine, it's like we drafted him at 8 (Because he is a top 5 talent) and it will be like we took Locker in the second round. ehhhh? Although I am happy about the Locker pick now that I've had a day to let it sink in.

But yeah, he's a major risk. He couldn't be much worse than our usual 2nd rounders though.

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I definitely think we'll go defense...just a matter of who. I would love to have Bowers considering he's a top 10 talent, but for all those teams to pass him up in the 1st rd, knowing how talented he is..does have me concerned about his knee. But i'll be cool with..

-Akeem Ayers
    -Aaron Williams
    -Marvin Austin

7. pettso

pettso Starter

They just explained why nobody drafted Bowers in the 1st round.

Nobody would insure his signing bonus for the 1st round, so no team was willing to take on that financial risk themselves. So they expect him to go early in the 2nd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Very interesting!

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

anyone going to use the chat room? sounds like a good idea..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar