2011 Off-Season Mail Thread

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

As I haven't been purchasing as much i was just going to tag this on to the 2010 mail thread, but when I decided to re-post these first two cards I thought it was best to start something fresh...

The not so new, new guy...

'85 Topps RC
    [​IMG]

'93 Proline Certified Auto
    [​IMG]

I have a Frank Bush RC... still haven't scanned it. ha ha

Alterraun Verner 10 Rookies and Star Blue 18/25
    [​IMG]
    Despite his solid play ATV didn't have many cards in 2010. This is one of only two NFL sets he appeared in.

I picked a few more nice Titans autos, but as I can only put one more pic in this post I'll throw up an oddball purchase.

David Harris 07 Topps Performance Gold Auto RC 4/5
    [​IMG]
    Another Jet! When I picked this up he appeared to be destined for free agency... Thought he'd be a nice FA possibility for the Titans... the franchise tag put an end to those thoughts. Nice, really low numbered card regardless.
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

A few more...

Derrick Morgan '10 Press Pass Portraits Insribed Auto /25 (dmorg)
    [​IMG]
    Morgan only did 25 of these with the inscription dmorg"... which honestly isn't all that different from his normal sig (his standard sig has been posted previously in the 2010 mail thread). The seller didn't notice the variation and I was able to snag it for $0.99.

I hadn't purchased much Damian Williams stuff yet, but I'm honestly pretty optimistic about him. Here a few pretty nice adds...

Damian Williams '10 Topps Supreme Black 17/25 (jersey number)
    [​IMG]
    I won't pay a huge premium for cards numbered to a players jersey number, but I'll grab them when I can. Another $0.99 purchase.

Damian Williams '10 SPX Rookie Materials Auto 15/20
    [​IMG]
    Other than the crappy sticker sig a pretty nice low numbered card. I kinda dig the USC game used.

Damian Williams '10 Topps Red Zone Rookie Autograph 083/100
    [​IMG]
    I'm always a sucker for the red sigs. This on card beauty is my favourite of the new D-Will stuff.
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

As a new draft class approaches, cardboard of last years draftees keeps on hitting my mailbox.

Prior to Britt's latest escapades I snagged these. I liked what I saw from Williams last year I think he could be a solid contributor this year and moving forward.

2010 Contenders Rookie Auto Ticket
    [​IMG]
    One of the staple yearly card releases. Nice on card signiture, the cards aren't numbered but The DWill has a stated print run of 400ish... (too lazy to go look the exact amount). There are another 400ish with Williams pictured in his home jersey. Derrick Morgan has a nice looking card in this set, but the card isn't hard signed (it has a sticker auto)

2010 Crown Royale Rookie Die-Cut #'d 14/50
    [​IMG]
    Cool die-cut design won me over enough to over look the sticker sig. As soon as I saw previws of these I knew I had to have one (Williams was the only Titan featured in the set)

2010 Topps Five Star Autographs #'d 094/100
    [​IMG]
    "Five Star" is Topps first foray into the super premium card market. One of the year's most anticipated releases and perhaps the one with shortest overall print run. This card above is Williams autograph insert. His base rookie (a jersey/patch card) is pictured below. These super thick, hard-signed, foil trimmed cards are even sweeter looking in person.

2010 Topps Five Star #'d 56/90
    [​IMG]
    Sweeeeet patch!
  4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

a few cards have been added over the spring. I also scanned up a few cards from my Oilers collection.

First up the new stuff...

Rennie Curran 2010 SP Authentic 300/599
    [​IMG]

Derrick Morgan 10 Press Pass Portraits Black Auto 10/10
    [​IMG]

and after waiting over a year I finally received on of my dumbass redemptions...

Dumbass 09 National Treasures 72/99
    [​IMG]

And the olde

Jerry Gray 93 score
    [​IMG]
    I doubt it's his first card, but it's the only one I could find of the new Titans DC in my old 90's Oilers team sets.
  5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

continuing on the theme of the new staff...

Our new LB coach was a promising young LB with the Oilers until a neck injury cut short his career...

Frank Bush 86 Topps RC
    [​IMG]

and a few more oddball, old schoool cards of the new head man

90 Fleer All Pro
    [​IMG]
    Good condition examples of this foil board insert are surprisingly tough to find

90 Action Packed
    [​IMG]
    Nice shot, cool, innovative embossed, foil card.

and with his new o line coach...

92 Action Packed Matthews/Munchak
    [​IMG]
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

We really need to get those Oilers uni's back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.