2012 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i made this first draft with the bengals giving us a first and 2nd and us giving them cj and a fourth

1st-Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
    1st(from the bengals)-Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
    2nd-Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
    3rd-William Vlachos, C, Alabama --may be low as he has been starting since a freshman and may move up with hype into the 2nd but ive got him here for now...
    3rd(from bengals)-Kenny Tate, S, Maryland
    5th-Chris Galippo, ILB, USC
    5th(comp)-Lance Lewis, WR, East Carolina
    6th-David Smith, OG, Clemson
    7th- Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia
    7th(comp)- Nelson Rosario, WR, UCLA or a dt

thats the one with us trading cj and a 4th to the bengals for one of their first and their second round pick and i imagine we would get a 5th and 7th round compensation pick and i just filled them in too....

let me know what you guys think...ill do my plain one tomorrow cause my computer is acting up

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just for fun, I'll do one as well. Although I think there is maybe a 2% chance of this trade actually happening. NOTE: You said you traded CJ and 4th for a 1st and 2nd, but only have one 2nd on the draft.

1st (from Bengals): Justin Blackmon, WR, Ok St
    1st: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
    2nd (from Bengals): Ray-Ray Armstrong, SS, Miami
    2nd: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa St
    3rd: Ben Jones, C, UGA
    5th: Jeff Demps, RB, Florida
    5th (comp): Nigel Bradham, LB, Fl St
    6th: Chris Galippo, ILB, USC
    7th: Christian Thompson, FS, South Carolina St
    7th (comp): DaJohn Harris, DT, USC

Wow, what a dream draft. Would it happen, no. We would get a legit WR in Blackmon to pair with Britt for years. Coples is the pass-rush force that we need a DE, this would allow JJ to move BACK to DT, adding more depth for a solid rotation of JJ, Smith, Klug, Casey. Ray-Ray could be a day 1 starter at SS, he's a big hitter that also has speed, reminds me of a former U player Sean Taylor. Then we solidfy our interior OL with Osemele and Jones, who both would be fighting for starting jobs. Demps would be our new CJ, pure speed RB, also could be our kick returner if Mariani doesn't step it up. Bradham and Galippo provide special team tacklers as well as young LB depth. Christian Thompson is from a small no-name school, but could probably make PS and fight with Robert Johnson for a spot on the roster, same as DaJohn Harris.

This draft is perfect in my eyes. We get another potential star WR, fix our DL, and our OL. Also add depth at LB and get a new kick returner.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Alright,
    --Trade Chris Johnson to the Bengals for a more reasonable package of a 2012 2nd and 3rd round pick.
    --Recieve a 4th round comp pick for Babin being one of the best pass rushers in the league.
    --Offer Dwayne Bowe a very large contract and cut some dead weight like Amano.

Draft
    1. Vontaze Burfict-ILB-ASU
    2. Alameda Ta'amu-NT-Washington
    2. Mark Barron-SS-Alabama
    3. Ben Jones-C-Georgia
    3. LaMicheal James-RB-Oregon
    4. Trenton Robinson-FS-Mich St
    4. Jonathan Massaquoi-OLB-Troy
    5. Rokovious Watkins-OG-South Carolina
    6. Logan Harrell-DE/DT-Fresno State
    7. David Paulson-TE-Oregon

--Switch to 3-4 defence.
    ========Jones-Ta'Amu-Casey========
    Ayers-McCarthy-Burfict-Morgan/Massaquoi

4. xpmar9x

Id be happy with that

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just say no to WR's and RB's in the 1st round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

But, I think if we move to the 3-4, a legit 34 OLB would be needed. I don't think Morgan could make the switch, I think he may be better to stay at 3-4 DE. He is 6'3 280, bulk up another 10 lbs and he'd be OK.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Wow. I think I would literally sh*t my pants if this were our actual draft. We'd be contenders immediately. Really like getting Demps in the 5th but doubt he drops that far.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I agree. I reckon he would either have to gain 10lbs to play DE or lose 10lbs and play OLB on mostly running plays. He is pretty much a 4-3 DE.

In my draft I would take Massaquoi from Troy as insurance and Logan Harrell for DE if Morgan can't make a transition to either spot.

What do you think about a move to a 3-4 in general? I think Casey and Jones would flurish as would Ayers.

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i meant a 1st and 3rd for cj and a 4th cause i got two 3rd round picks but i think that would be a solid draft cause i dont believe we would resign hawkis and then toon would start instantly and it would give our linebacker depth and also have lineman depth/potential starters and help our defense and provide a saftey that could start but not be a eric berry right off the bat

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Assume we don't make any trades that involve CJ because it likely won't happen, do we really want to draft a WR?

We have bigger needs at OG/C, the entire DL, LB, and at SS (this is assuming Griffin is back). We definitely need another WR but after those top 2 are off the board it doesn't make sense to draft the leftovers in the 1st round, just wait till the 2nd or even depending on how the draft is going the 3rd.

My point for RB goes with every team, don't do it. They don't hold value and you can get a RB anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar