2012 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind seeing a WR, but Devon Still is my guy right now.

Basically, it seems like you take the positions where you think you are set (QB, RB to the chagrin of many here, T, CB if Finny comes back), mark those off, and take BPA. If you like a guy like Jeffery and he is there, you gotta take him...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We should(and will) draft one, just not in the first round.

See your post about explosive offenses. Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Marques Colston and Desean Jackson; none of those guys were first round picks. Maclin and Meachem were first rounders and neither of those guys has ever eclipsed 1,000 yards receiving(and Meachem flat out sucks)

And then there is the SIGNIFICANT bust rate for first round WRs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6396194

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We had the number one defense through four weeks because the offenses we played were horrible.

You're totally ignoring the typical three-year learning curve for WRs and you're assuming that the guy comes in immediately knowing how to run the entire route tree and can grasp the playbook. Most guys, especially guys who play in spread offenses like Blackmon, take a considerable amount of time to develop because they were the most athletically gifted player on the field in college, could get away with running sloppy routes and were never challenged at the line of scrimmage.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm really starting to like this Ryan Tannehill feller.

6'4 222
    Played WR his Fr/So year and half his junior year.
    1,638 yards, 13 TDs, 6 INTs, 65 C% in 7 games.
    As a WR he posted 101 catches, 1453 yards, and 9 TDs.

Steal of the 2nd round? Possibly. Buuut we don't need a QB.

5. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Budding Star

Football Gameplan's Midseason Mock Draft Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6POFkMy5iM"]2012 Midseason Mock Draft Video[/ame]

Good afternoon Titans fans! Here's my 1st mock draft video of the season!

Enjoy!

Em

6. xpmar9x

Sorry Em, but I 100% disagree with the Titans selection. We do not need a corner right now, we have Finnegan who is playing some great football right now and is the leader of our team. Then we have two young CBs that are developing nicely in McCourty and Verner. Also have a project #4 CB in Campbell. Kirkpatrick would be nice, but CB isn't a huge need right now. OG, OC, S, WR, ILB are all bigger needs right now.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

not a running back like richardson lol but if we dont trade cj...we made a mistake but i dont think we go wr in the first 2 rounds..i could see us picking one up in the 3rd though for sure...

im not seeing alot that fits our needs that wont be a reach when we pick so i can see us trading back this year to pick up some future picks...just my thought...

8. xpmar9x

Great mock draft for the Titans on WalterFootball.

1st: Justin Blackmon
    2nd: Peter Konz
    3rd: TJ McDonald

I'd LOVE that draft for the Titans. Add in a DE/DT in the 4th, and we'll likely get another 4th for comp and take a OG or LB.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

They always give us decent mocks on there!

Not sure on McDonald, not big enough to play SS yet I dont think, watched him last week and wasn't really that impressed. He is athletic though. We should take Short(DT from Purdue) in the 4th, if he's still around.

10. xpmar9x

He's 6'2 205... Hope is 6'0 204, Babineaux is 6'0 210.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar