2012 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd love this as our first three rounds:

1. Justin Blackmon or Vontaze Burfict
    2. Peter Konz
    3. SS

I love Justin Blackmon, reminds me of a Anquan Boldin. He would be perfect on the other side with Britt. Britt is the deep threat guy, Blackmon would be our short threat, physical guy. Washington/D-Will in the slot gives us the speed. Vontaze is my #2 want is Blackmon is gone. He's SO physical and could be the next Ray Lewis. Ruud would not be returning if we draft Burfict.

I think if we just draft a center, we'll be ok. I have faith in Munch and Matthews in finding a legit prospect. If we get a center, start him, and then let Harris, Amano, and Velasco battle it out for the LG spot.

2. Carp

Carp Starter

Also, keep in mind that our staff have always done a terrific job of finding top notch lineman on th cheap(ish) side. Jake Scott and Kevin Mawae were wonderful FA signings. Every chance our Center replacement comes from FA. And we can probably find a very good lineman in the mid rounds as well.

Don't think I'd "waste" a 1st or 2nd rounder on an Offensive lineman. Seems like a fairly deep class in that area anyways. Might as well get a better position of need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

To be realistic here, at the rate we are going were going to be picking in the mid 1st half to the end of the 1st round
    So
    Justin Blackmon and Alshon Jeffery could be very well gone, and with recent history I can't imagine front office taking a chance on another 1st round reciever.

Vontaze Burfict like you everyone been saying is going to be the next Ray Lewis I also see somone jumping the gun on him

What I would like it see

Round 1
    Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
    Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
    Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina

Either a replacement for Rudd, Witherspoon, or another BIG DT for the rotation and get Shaun Smith out

Round 2
    Ryan Broyles, WR/PR, Oklahoma
    Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
    Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
    Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

This round I say we address the reciever or safety position the reciever class could be pretty deep this year talent all around

Round 3

I have faith in our head coach and our o-line coach to get a good G/C prospect to replace Scott, or Amno I feel Velasco can step up and shine in either Guard or Center position

4. xpmar9x

How do you guys feel about Michael Floyd?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Crazy talent, but injured in 2 of 3 college seasons and at least 3 alcohol related arrests.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If we do draft a WR in 2012 round one the best case scenario is we will be doing very good at WR next year.Britt comes back healthy,Avery shows he can stay healthy and contributes then whoever we draft in the first round will also likely be a weapon at receiver(Blackmon,Floyd,Broyles,etc.).Then of course Washington,Hawkins,Williams,Mariani. Also we got Cook who looks great at TE.

Remember Jake Locker needs all the weapons he can get to be successful especially at WR and TE and hopefully CJ will be the explosive back we can depend on for ground.We have the potential to be very dangerous on offense.....

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

3 good ones? are you serious lol cj blows this year and harper looked good but hasnt proven it against number one defense this year yet and ringer shows flashes but not proven yet either....so far the only things cj has done good is shafting the titans in the you know what for paying him so much....ap has earned his pay so far...hell cj got his 1st td of the year in week 5? and you want to be a top paid playmaker...come on man

9. xpmar9x

Here's what they have for the Titans in a 3 round mock on Walterfootball:

Titans are picking 23rd...
    1. Michael Floyd, WR, ND
    2. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    3. Tank Carder, LB, TCU

They're previous draft had us getting:
    1. Luke Kuechly, ILB
    2. Ben Jones, C
    3. Dwight Jones, WR

CBSSports (first round) has us getting:
    Michael Floyd via Rob Rang
    Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska via Chad Reuter

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I'm really starting to come around to the Micheal Floyd pick. He has impressed me alot this year and seems like he is working hard again. As far as talent goes he is right up there with Blackmon and Jeffrey IMO. His best asset seems to be his hands, they are strong and sure! If we can keep our early season form going we could be picking in the 20's and Floyd quite possibly could be the BPA. With Locker, Britt(Healthy, I pray),CJ(I still hope),Cook(if he could concentrate on his route running), Floyd, Williams/Washington/Hawk. I would feel good about our offense for the future.

Munch needs to get a new Center in here next year as well. I have posted I like Konz already, and I do think next years C Class is pretty good.

I feel like Kuechly and Carder are both McCarthy type MLB so I dont see the fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar