2012 draft revisited - best pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, May 13, 2016.

?
  1. Kendall Wright

88.9%
  2. Zach Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mike Martin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Coty Sensabaugh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Taylor Thompson

7.4%
  6. Markelle Martin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Scott Solomon

3.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Remember when we took the sandbagging piece of **** Zach Brown over Lavonte David?

BRILLIANT!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

The sad theme is that the Titans only successes come in the first round, where 100 analysts and mock drafts help them narrow it down. When the mocks end, so does our success.

Let's hope that has changed.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wasn't even thinking LB right there, but the second it happened I was screaming at the TV because it wasn't David.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Zach Brown has got to be in my all time top 10 least favorite Titans. And it's a tough competition, because there are a ton I don't like.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. nickmsmith

And even then.. not many massive successes. Wright is a marginal player, Morgan is a decent starter, but not a star. Warmack is bad, Locker sucked, Britt sucks, Lewan is not a top 15 pick kind of player, either..

We're just not good at 1st round picks, and absolutely atrocious in every other round.

I can realistically say that the only really good 1st round pick out of the last 10 years was Chris Johnson. And that was a reach according to everyone. Being enamored with the tangibles of a player paid off for once. (for a few years)

If Mariota ends up good.. we'll know that he was drafted purely because we needed a QB and he was the consensus #1 or #2 QB available.

Seeing these draft recaps, It becomes totally clear why the Titans are/were the worst team in the NFL.

6. nickmsmith

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just pray this draft doesn't rival the 2004 draft where we moved out of the 1st to get a lot of picks, then not a one guy made a difference

8. nickmsmith

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think their miracle consisted of a division with the Titans and Jaguars. They also got the luck in when Manning got injured, imagined if he got hurt a year earlier, they could have fought with Carolina for Newton, then fight for Locker, Gabbert or Ponder who all turned out to be excellent picks. Maybe one year later, they could have snuck past Buffalo for their dynamo QB EJ Manuel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar