2012 NFL draft class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Zack3000, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Since Kendall wright is leaving.....

So basically our first round pick in 2012 was wasted. I say wasted because first round picks should always atleast be retained and or tagged their first year heading to free agency. I am just curious knowing what we know now who would've been your pick in 2012.

Honestly when we drafted him I wasn't impressed. I wanted David DeCastro.

But going back in time the Titans would've picked a WR so Jeffery should have been the pick but he has always seemed injured. So I think WR was just a bad draft class for all teams.

TL;DR or bad typing skills cause I'm drunk.

Who do you pick in 2012 so our first round pick wasn't wasted.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chandler Jones, Mitchell Schwartz, Dont'a Hightower, Harrison Smith, Derek Wolfe, Janoris Jenkins, Cordy Glenn, Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, or Kelechi Osemele.

Basically, all of the guys Ruston Webster didn't pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Jenkins in 1
    David in 2

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2012 was a big year for DT's, names like Brockers, Poe, Cox, and Worthy (my pick) were among the most talked about.

Really would have worked out better if Webster just listened to the fans on this board... Instead we go with 2 underachievers in Kendall Wright and Zach Brown :disappointed:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I remember liking the DE from Marshall, Vinny Curry and being disappointed we took Brown instead of him. Not sure that would have been much better, but he does have 19 career sacks.

If we're using hindsight here, I also really liked DeCastro in that draft. If we had taken DeCastro, we probably don't take Warmack the next year and could have taken the player in 2013 I REALLY wanted, Star Lotulelei.

Thanks Ruston. I hope you get the GM job with the Colts.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Anyone but who we did pick.

Insert a randomly picked player from anyone in the first 2 rounds, for our 1st and 2nd round picks, results would have likely been better. Neither were long-term players for us.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I'd still take wright. Only because without rw's stupidity, we wouldn't have mm8.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

I remember screaming at the TV for us to take David in the second round. He was there too!!! We got a OLB alright but a guy named Zach freaking Brown…I just sat there astonished cause I had never heard of Zach Brown before we took him and I remember how much I wanted David. Well 4 yrs later and Brown is not with the team and was a complete disappointment…shocker.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The main reason we have struggled last several years was webster maybe one of the worst gm's in nfl history

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Zach Brown was being talked about as the drafts top prospect at one time beieve it or not

I forgot what it was the led to his fall to the 2nd round but people were very high on him for some reason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar