2012 NFL Draft Coverage Thread: Rounds 2-3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, I love this pick...

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

OVERVIEW
    Martin has started the past three years inside for Michigan after making a nice impact as a true freshman. He is a tough and durable player who relies on his strength to control blockers and make plays. His strength is what defines him.

STRENGTHS
    Martin has a good feel for offensive lines and block schemes and
    how to slant inside of lineman to get into the backfield. He is very strong against the run and can neutralize any blocker. He can hold up a block, and then shed to get to the ball. He plays with instincts and is strong.

WEAKNESSES
    Martin can struggle in space and is a stout player at the point, but he really doesn't have much production rushing the passer. Once in the backfield, he has a tough time running down the quarterback, and his athletic ability can be exposed in space.

I have no problem with what I put in bold! We NEED to put a run stuffing DT next to Casey.. Martin has a chance to start day 1 I'd say!

And I can care less if he can't produce sacks.. that's what Klug is for!

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

bout damn time. that makes the 2nd round pick a bit more palatable. but still think Brown will be chris henry part deux

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Mayock's pick analysis and why we passed Thompson, IMO:

"This is a pass-rushing interior threat. Martin comes in, and he'll be explosive for them. This is a defensive tackle who is active and can stop the run, as well as pass rush from the inside." - NFL.com

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed. We get the stuffing ability of Casey plus the rushing ability of Klug. Slam dunk, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Now let's go get the center he practiced across from in round four tomorrow.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Maybe, but the 2nd is more palatable for that pick. I have no problem since he was the top 4-3 OLB on many boards, and seldom worse than 3rd. Sean Spence is who I thought we'd go after, or hoped, rather, but we got a rd 1 talent in the 2nd.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

^^ This x 1,000,000

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Molk? I'm down. We'd all be like, "Got Molk?"

Cheese aside, I do like the OL player twofer, a la Britt and McCourty.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Bengals having a good draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar