Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Bobo, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

While the Mayan calendar does end for some reason in 2012 [December I think], it is not mean to indicate the end of the world. Its actually is thought by some that the Mayans believed it simply indicated a change...some think they thought it would signify the ascension of man, or a period of new enlightenment.

There is a Mayan temple that has some windows/skylight features that is supposedly designed to capture the light from the sun exactly once this alignment takes place in 2012 and they theorize it will actually cast a serpent shaped shadow down the stairs leading up to the temple. Now, while I am curious about all of this stuff and have no doubts this won't be some earth-ending event...I am highly impressed by a society that could predict a celestial alignment event that only happens every 26,000 years and be able to take into account some of the more elaborate astronomical considerations such as planetry wobble [precession] and such.

I mean...how in the heck could they understand that way back then?

Of course I still don't understand how the Nazca lines were pulled off either....

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Wouldn't Nibiru have to be close enough to see now if it was out there and coming? Thought that's what I read. Crazy planet x stuff :ha:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes, you'd see it well before it was going to hit.

Hell they can see an asteroid that may hit us in 30 or so years from now.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/apophis/

f 2012.
    this is how it's going to go down...

there's a 2.7% chance!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fcGj57cQIeg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fcGj57cQIeg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Considering the size of the universe, how unlucky is a planet to be hit by something?

It's like hitting an exact speck of dust from across the room.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

not trying to change topics, but this is a movie forum, have you ever seen the film Wanted?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I saw it.. and I Wanted to blow my brains out before it was even half way through..
    The dood that made that also made Nightwatch and Daywatch which were so much cooler...

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think this is where Lil Wayne got his theory that the world was going to end, in 2012

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well...if Lil Wayne says so....

10. Happens all the time, actually. It's just unusual for the object to be big enough to make that big of an impact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar