2013-2014 College Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Figured we could use a regular thread for the season.

I was looking over some schedules and Ohio St vs Louisville could be the championship game, both have the easiest schedules (at this point obviously) imo. Bama's OL is a bit worrisome but I think they'll improve more and gel together. The LSU game worries me more than the A&M game honestly. Winston looked really impressive in his first game, future heisman candidate right there. Is Clemson the real deal? I thought they would beat UGA anyway but that offense is really dangerous and if that defense comes together they should win the ACC. I'm a huge Mariota fan, Oregon should run the table but the Stanford game will be a great watch.

Can't wait to read this again in a few months and laugh at myself.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Go ahead and just give Winston the next four Heisman trophies.

But seriously, do you have any idea how much I want Winston to be FSU's equivalent of Tim Tebow? I had to play against that guy in high school, hear about him every day while he was in college and then Josh McDaniels was retarded enough to take him in the first round so he's all ESPN has talked about since 2010.

"If you're fortunate enough to spend five minutes with Tim Tebow you'll be a better person for it." Yeah, tell that to Aaron Hernandez and Riley Cooper!

Redemption.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea stay out of my UGA vs Clemson thread you hijacking assholes.....

just let it die :(

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Clemson can make a championship game run. They have Florida St and South Carolina and probably V-tech in the ACC championship game but that is probably their only possible stumbling blocks.

They have proven they can beat good sec teams and have a fantastic QB who never seems to have a bad game. They need to play some defense though.

The Fry sig provides proof that clemson has been a kind of soft team.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As a Bama fan the back to back games against UT and Arkansas worry me more than LSU. They will be top 25 teams this year and have real coaches. Especially UT who even in mediocre years has played Bama tough.

Remember the 2 Cody blocked FGs.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Louisville and Cincinnati play each other in the last game of the year. Both teams play a retarded schedule and very well could be unbeaten going into that game. Cincy looks real good under Tuberville so they can run the table.

I just don't think that either team has the schedule to be a top 2 team in the country. I think that would be a travesty.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

A 1 loss sec team will go in the nc game ahead of Louisville. As well as a 1 loss fsu or Clemson. Louisville is on the outside looking in and rightfully so with that schedule.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think an ACC team also needs to run the table.

The 4 team playoff format will be good for teams like Louisville and Cincinnati who could slip in as a #4 but even then that means they would have to surpass 1 or 2 major conference champions and that would not go down very well.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We can all thank the Cincinnati Bearcats for exposing the Big ten for the mickey mouse conference they are. They destroyed Purdue 42-7 on Saturday and will get Illinois next.

I know those are weak big ten teams but my God how about at least being competitive?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Damn Fry, you nailed that one.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar