2013 AFC SOUTH Division Race

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Don't **** it up, Ponyboy.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Let's pray Houston loses to SF, NE, and Denver. That puts them at 11-5. They then still have to play Indy x2, KC, and us one more time for 50/50 games. Will likely end up 10-6, potential worse if Schuab keeps getting exposed and Andre doesn't get healthy.

Indy is an up and down team. They barely get by Oakland and Miami, but then crush San Fran? They'll likely lose to Seattle, Denver, Houston, and us atleast once. That's 11-5 also, then KC, Cincy, and SD as 50/50 games. Bradshaw is hurt again. Luck is still a good QB, but will the defense keep hold? Hopefully not.

Then there's the Titans, sitting at 3-1. I'm hoping Fitz luck vs KC keeps going and we take them this week. Losses vs Sea & SF, then Locker returns shortly after and returns on fire still. We then have Indy x2, Den, and Houston as our key matchups. If we go 4-3 into the bye, we need to beat Indy (atleast once) and Houston, that would put us at 11-5. Locker has to return and be as good as he's been these last two games. We also need CJ and our OL to step up, can't have CJ vs NYJ games. Also, how long does our defense stay on fire or is this the standard they'll play at all year?

I can't wait for that Dec 29th game vs Houston, I have a feeling it will come down to whoever whens that game wins the AFC South Title. That game will likely get flexed to a 4:15 pm or SNF game, at Tennessee.. LP Field will be rocking.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Bad thing is that Belechick was actually leaning on his defense more this year than he has in a long time.Mainly due to Brady having limited options to throw to on offense.Yeah losing Wilfork was huge because teams will definitely run it at them more often.The Patriots have New Orleans,Cincinnati and Miami coming up so their schedule gets more rough and i think that they are due to lose a game very soon.After their bye they will face Denver at home in a Sunday nighter than face Houston the week after.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree but at the same time, there wide outs are gaining valuable experience too. Thompkins has done wonders and he will be their #1 soon if not already. NE always has a plan in place to develop players and find a system that works for players. Wilfork was a huge dude, you can't run through a brick wall like that. Makes me miss Haynesworth when he was on the field playing by the rules

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If we can go 1-2 for the next 3 games, then I like our chances after the bye week.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This KC game is a MUST WIN. Think about it KC isn't winning the AFC West, Denver has that on lock. So they're going to be fighting for a wildcard spot. In case we don't win the AFC South having that tie breaker over KC would be HUGE. Plus, with SF & SEA coming back-to-back, that's likely back to back loses. If we can go into the bye at 4-3, i'd be more that impressed consdering I projected us to be 2-5 at the bye. If we finish 4-3 at the bye, the rest of our schedule is A LOT easier: STL, JAX, INDY, OAK, INDY, DEN, ARZ, JAX, & HOU. Italicized games are the hard games, so 4 hard games and 5 cake games. If we can split Indy and take Houston at home, suddenly we finish 11-5.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Jaguars left tackle Eugene Monroe has been traded to the Baltimore Ravens.I don't know how well he played lately but i'm wondering if that will make their line worse with him being traded.There are rumors the team might be getting rid of most veterans and doing a total rebuild.

Just saw that Jax got a 2014 fourth and fifth round pick for Monroe.Looks like the fire sale has indeed started.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

yah I herd rumors about this fire sale for about a week now. I think they are going to completely rebuild here. MJD is most likely happy that he will get to play for a real team that has a chance instead of playing in the dumps of jax. I can see them keeping blackmon tho, good young wide out to go with the rebuilding process although he prob wants out too lol

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

And he's one misstep away from getting booted from the NFL.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I know he has had some issues, didn't quite know it was that bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar