2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What? No need for a small, slow nickleback with drug issues?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

wow...ya'll are crazy if ya'll wouldn't take a chance on this guy in the 3rd...

lol, at the "slow" comment...

The dude was a legit threat to win the Heisman this season before getting kicked off the team, and he was a finalist last season...How many defensive players in the past 10 years have been Heisman finalists? It blows my mind how so many Titans fans on this site think great football players "suck" because they didn't use perfect judgment at a young age.

If he comes out this year, and the Titans' coaches interview him and believe he has matured throughout this process then we would be incredibly stupid not to take a chance on him if he fell to the 3rd round.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If we could somehow get Barrett Jones and Mathieu in the 2nd and 3rd rounds I think we'd be hitting the lottery....the best defensive player in college football(only reason this is arguable is because he smoked the refers!!) and the best lineman in the class...wow!!

I would replace the Jarvis Jones pick with one of the LSU DE's or the Florida State D-end...Jones is a linebacker, and with Ayers, McCarthy, Brown/Witherspoon, we are set at linebacker for many years, IMO.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

5'9 & 178 (undersize)
    4.54 speed (average speed)
    Honestly, he's a nickleback. He's Cortland Finnegan v2 at very best. He's not tall/fast enough to be a true #1 CB. The character issues are bull, the dude smoke weed and got caught; I don't consider that "character issues".

I'd spend a 3rd on him, but most people give him a 1st rd grade are cray.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I wouldn't mind the mathieu pick in the 3rd... But I don't see the need. Nor am I sold on any LSUs D linemen.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I see alot of DE. I think Morgan has been doing just fine so far. He's been around the QB a lot and sealing off his edge in the running game. What more can you really ask for if the DTs don't get much push, letting the QB move up in the pocket. I'm not huge into college football but we should be looking at the best DT we can find, are they not very deep this year?

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So now you'd spend a 3rd on him?! lol

I don't really care about all the surface issues...size, 40 time, weed...who cares

The dude is one of the best defensive players I've ever seen and that's in the SEC, not some scrub conference. He is a lot like Courtland...but what exactly is wrong with having another Courtland? lol

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

It's not that Morgan has been horrible...it's that he and Wimbley would be much more effective if we had another beast DE to rotate in with them...Morgan is more of a run stuffing DE, and we really need someone who will get after the qb. I agree that a strong, big body DT is in need too, but we should give Casey, Klug, Martin and Marks a little more time before spending a high draft pick on one.(especially since our need for DE, interior lineman and safety are extremely glaring)

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Morgan has been average at best.

A little football knowledge for you... There are 3 positions that average is not acceptable. QB. LT. And DE

Matter of fact, that's how you decide draft needs. Those are the top 3 positions, all day every day.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan has been average at best and as far has I can see Kamerion Wimbley has had little to n on field impact for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar