2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Unless that linebacker can get to the QB... I'm not for it
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I like Teo... but we don't need a ILB.
  3. Ensconatus

Word. We need a monster DE... That's A MUST
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Actually I was just thinking about the 3-4 switch. Look we are not going to be drafting high enough to nab Star Lotulelei or Jones. In a 3-4 you need a big, LB in the middle and teamed with McCarthy... holy crap man! That would allow Ayers to play outside along with Wimbley. Spoon won't be resigned so, yeah, we can use a LB. Especially one who is the best pure football player in the draft.
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Totally agree, especially since I highly doubt we'll be switching to a 3-4... but one can dream right, lol? If we say 4-3.. and I'm 99% sure we will, we MUST go pass rusher in the 1st.
  6. Ensconatus

Even in a 34 we need a pure pass rusher.... Ayers isn't that and wimbley definitely isn't. I like the 34 and would enjoy watching it. But I think it's a dream.
  7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Yeah, I agree. Thing is finding guys to rush the passer after round 2 is not incredibly difficult, in the 3-4 scheme. So don't trick yourself into thinking that a 1st round rusher is a must. I agree though, 3-4, or 4-3 pass rush is the biggest need on this team. I'd be happy with 2 DE's in rounds one and two, we are that bad.
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Haha, you mean a guy like Ayers?

We need to find someone other than Grey in order for that to happen. Most of our defensive players are going to waste because we cannot find a way to pressure the QB. If we are not going to blitz LBs or DBs then we need to have a consistent pressure from the front four.
  9. Ensconatus

He's been decent in his few blitzes but he isn't the prototypical pass rusher. I wouldn't get too caught up in the hype of him being THAT good at pass rushing
  10. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

The Pats don't really play strong safety/free safety. We play a lot of two deep and both safeties are expected to cover and help in run support.