2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I understand the different types of players for the different schemes... But there wasn't but one 34 ILB taken before brown... And he went to a 43 team, the patriots lol

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I agree that trading back to snag Barrett Jones would be a good move.

I'm not sure if I agree taking a DE that only has 2.5 sacks this season is a good move.

A dream scenario would be if one of the top DE's fell to the mid-early 2nd round for us to take...heck, it's not out of the question seeing that there's so many of them...

Your undecided safety pick in the early 3rd is dead on...
    Your undecided OT pick needs to be changed to either guard or center depending on where Jones will play(also Jones can switch to tackle if need be!)
    I believe your undecided DE pick should stay DE if we go DT in the 2nd, but should be switched to DT if we go DE in the 2nd...

Dream Scenario: trade back for a late 1st and 3rd, 3rd round compens. pick for Finny
    1st: Barrett Jones
    2nd: one of the top DE's that somehow falls to us(Lemonier, Jeffcoat, Moore?)
    3rd: best SS available(Elam, Shawn Williams, Lester, etc.)
    3rd: best OG/C available
    3rd: best big DT available(McCullers, Jesse Willaims, Geathers?)
    4th: Tryann Mathieu or Brandon Jenkins?!?!?! :tj:

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St
    52 tackles, 7 ints, 2 sacks thus far
    6'1 215. proj 40: 4.46

Sleeper?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

God, again?!?! what an idiot...hey, Kenny Britt has been caught with weed how many times?! maybe our coaches are all pot heads that don't care lol...IMO, Mathieu is still worth a 4th round pick...that much talent?!? maybe THIS TIME, he'll learn lol

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Not only does he lead the nation in interceptions, but he also hits like this:

Yet another safety...maybe we'll find two starters in this draft!! lol

6. xpmar9x

Oh.. I'm still wanting a new RB. Screw paying CJ 10 million next year. I need consistentcy and a hard runner. Not a guy who gets his stats padded by busting a 50 yardrr every 15 plays.

7. xpmar9x

Taking that Dream Scenario
    (trade back for a late 1st and 3rd, 3rd round compens. pick for Finny)

1st: Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
    2nd: Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
    3rd: Robert Lester, S, 'Bama
    3rd: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
    3rd: Michael Buchanan, DE, UOI
    4th: Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St

Barrett Jones starts center, moves Velasco to G, and let LeRoy walk. Hopefully Jones has a Pouncy like effect for us. Stepfan Taylor is my favorite RB prospect, don't be sold of CJ for him putting up #s v. crud teams, he's still not worth $10m/yr. Lester replaces Babs, Hunt/Buchanan provide great depth at the DE spots, hopefully producing an enhanced pass-rush. Phillip Thomas has extreme potential as well.

8. xpmar9x

Stepfan Taylor:
    5'11 215 - SR - Stanford
    2012 stats: 175a, 846y, 4.8a, 6 TDs & 21r, 115y, 1 TD

Backed up Gerhart his Fr year, started Soph-Sr years. Majored in science, technology and society.. got degree in 3 years. Smart, hard-working, powerful kid. Has great hands and break-away speed.. but not afraid to run up the middle. Loves the 'big games': 55a, 255y, 4.6avg, & 1 TD (plus 82 rec yards & 1 TD) vs USC/ND both Top-10 defenses this year. 177 yards, 2 TDs vs. Ok St in the Fiesta Bowl last year. Was projected a 4th rounder at the start of the year. Most scouts thought he was overrated because of the Ds focus on Luck... well he's proving them wrong this year. He's now a lock in the 2nd, IMO.

This guy would be perfect.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm giving CJ another chance...let's just pick up an o-lineman or 2 early in the draft and then get Chris Ivory or Reshard Jennings via free agency...they're beasts and would compliment CJ perfectly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar